Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A New Update....For Me

Default A New Update....For Me
    Hey guys as you all know I am new to all this, I have an iPhone which runs on 1.0.2 firmware and the carrier is TMobile. I want to learn how to upgrade to a higher firmware without my phone being locked since I have TMobile. I see all these new firmwares but there still pluggy, things don't work. Can you guys please tell me a good firmware I can upgrade to and how should I do it in the safest way possible.

Thank You

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

if your phone is jailbroken/activated/unlocked the right way, everything should work. there are many different ways of upgrading. going to the guide/wiki section is probably the best place to learn of all the different ways to do it. there's iPlus, iLiberty, the newest Pwnage, as well as ZiPhone (which is easy to use but in my opinion, not the best way to go about jailbreaking and unlocking)

there are guides on how to use all of those programs

Ok thanks is there any firmware you like that I should upgrade to? And yes my iPhone is jailbroken,activated, and unlocked.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i'm on 1.1.4 and have no problems with it. i don't see any reason not to upgrade to this one but others may have different opinions

You got MSN,AIM, or Yahoo I could contact you with?

i have a us iphone and i live in greece.i want to update to firmware 1.1.4.i have firmware1.1.2 and i used a turbo sim to unlock.what do i have to do to update to 1.1.4 without using the turbo sim.i also donwloaded the libertysetup 1.2.0.65 for windows.

can somebody please help
    Last edited by tasosmant; 2008-04-08 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost