Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1

ReVan>>after downgraded+reflashed can you use ANYSIM to unlock instead using the method you described?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The reason for the ReVans' method is to get the baseband back to the factory state. If you use AnySIM or iUnlock on 1.0.2, it messes with the baseband and upon doing the 1.1.1 update, you have a brick. Therefore, you need to do his method first, then run AnySIM 1.1 and then update to 1.1.1. My belief is that this only works on AT&T sims though.

hey I have a iphone that is running firmware 1.0.2, it is jailbroken and unlocked using iunlock. what step should i start from.

I want to confirm that this method is working perfect. I can download my 1.1.1 stock phone to 1.0.2 virgin. However, I have some suggestion and a question.

1. In the phase 1, it can be simplified by just using the ibrickr 0.91 and it can handle the firmware downgrade without the need to hold the buttons etc. It is much simplier.

2. For step 2, how come at the end, there is no step to load back the baseband. I think we need a step to load back the baseband.

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.Commcenter.plist

Every time i try to even do the first step of holding the sleep and home button down for 10 seconds i keep on getting the USB cable and itunes logo showing up.

btw i'm using a virgin v1.1.1 out of the box. Also don't have the sim inside while doing the procedure.
    Last edited by Top-Fuel; 2007-10-17 at 08:34 AM.

Hey after bypassing activation, unlocking youtube, and jail breaking can you just run AnySim 1.1? Just wondering

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenmaster View Post
    ReVan>>after downgraded+reflashed can you use ANYSIM to unlock instead using the method you described?
    anySIM will show "Invalid SIM Error" if you are a non-AT&T customer, that's what it did for me when I experimented last night. What you can do is apply Erica's Unlock and then upgrade to v1.1.1 and use anySIM 1.1.1. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by rwmotorsports View Post
    The reason for the ReVans' method is to get the baseband back to the factory state. If you use AnySIM or iUnlock on 1.0.2, it messes with the baseband and upon doing the 1.1.1 update, you have a brick. Therefore, you need to do his method first, then run AnySIM 1.1 and then update to 1.1.1. My belief is that this only works on AT&T sims though.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by diljosh View Post
    hey I have a iphone that is running firmware 1.0.2, it is jailbroken and unlocked using iunlock. what step should i start from.
    Start right from Phase 2

Quote Originally Posted by piloting View Post
    I want to confirm that this method is working perfect. I can download my 1.1.1 stock phone to 1.0.2 virgin. However, I have some suggestion and a question.

1. In the phase 1, it can be simplified by just using the ibrickr 0.91 and it can handle the firmware downgrade without the need to hold the buttons etc. It is much simplier.

2. For step 2, how come at the end, there is no step to load back the baseband. I think we need a step to load back the baseband.

launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.Commcenter.plist
    If you read again, you will notice that it's already been mentioned.

The idea of loading the baseband doesn't come here, as we are allowing the Unlock.app to fix everything in offline mode (without any process running)

Quote Originally Posted by x0bry7x View Post
    Hey after bypassing activation, unlocking youtube, and jail breaking can you just run AnySim 1.1? Just wondering
    anySIM will show "Invalid SIM Error" if you are a non-AT&T customer, that's what it did for me when I experimented last night. What you can do is apply Erica's Unlock and then upgrade to v1.1.1 and use anySIM 1.1.1. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by rwmotorsports View Post
    So I'm finished doing all 3 Phases, now I want to upgrade to 1.1.1, what is the correct process to do this? Do I update to 1.1.1, JailBreak it, and then install AnySIM 1.1?
    You can try this at your own risk. It's not been done yet. Please go ahead and I can help you get out of the problem if something goes wrong (not majorly wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by coreykunak View Post
    thank you very much it work great

but one problem my youtube is not working and i ran the app to fix it.
    any ideas
    Are you using it over WiFi or EDGE? Please check your settings, if everything is OK then do the below:
    Run PACAY again. Close all iTunes process from Task Manager before running PACAY.
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-17 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Revan,
    Thanks for the lovely guide and thanks to the dev team too !!! There is only a bit of confusion here about AnySim 1.1 ....... I came here from a link in the thread "unlock firmware 1.1.1 for FREE AnySim 1.1" So I don't understand at what point in this guide would you have to use AnySim 1.1 ?? Do you use it after phase 1 or phase 2 ??
    I am not a command line terminal techie or something but YOU GUYS SURELY ROCK !!! So please guide us in layman's terms Thanks a lot

Omg Thank You so Freaking MUch !!!!
    after about 3 hours of missing around with this got It Done ...
    Gonna be late for work later but who cares lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adit555 View Post
    Hi Revan,
    Thanks for the lovely guide and thanks to the dev team too !!! There is only a bit of confusion here about AnySim 1.1 ....... I came here from a link in the thread "unlock firmware 1.1.1 for FREE AnySim 1.1" So I don't understand at what point in this guide would you have to use AnySim 1.1 ?? Do you use it after phase 1 or phase 2 ??
    I am not a command line terminal techie or something but YOU GUYS SURELY ROCK !!! So please guide us in layman's terms Thanks a lot
    That's a misleading thread. Please can you tell me where did you read it?

Using Erica's Unlock.app is a much safer and stable method than using ANY of the FREE Unlock solutions out there. Upgrading your iPhone to v1.1.1 will not land up getting it bricked but you will landup having to do the unlock process again via anySIM v1.1.1

Nevertheless, the Dev Team is working and on the verge of completing a one-click solution to virginize your phone to its factory state i.e. also factory defaulting the seczone and NVRAM.

Quote Originally Posted by evojoey View Post
    Omg Thank You so Freaking MUch !!!!
    after about 3 hours of missing around with this got It Done ...
    Gonna be late for work later but who cares lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

adit555 (2007-10-17)

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

Hi Revan,
    Thanks for the reply. Well this is on the home page of the MMI site here. Click the link and you shall come to this thread which we are posting on. If it is misleading then I suppose you should do something about it.
    So you mean I should use the method you have described over here to unlock a factory installed V1.1.1 iPhone bought from Apple store ??
    Warm regards,
    Adit.

Thanks to this great guides, after i finished all the 3 phases. I put my SIM card in, it works. Greate. But i have another problems, that there is no sounds. could anyone help on this

one very simple stupid question from newbie. whats the different between iunlock and Erica's Unlock.app? I never use anysim for my iphone. I always using unlock.app to unlock my iphone and never use any other method of unlocking. I though iunlock and Erica's Unlock.app are the same program.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adit555 View Post
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

Hi Revan,
    Thanks for the reply. Well this is on the home page of the MMI site here. Click the link and you shall come to this thread which we are posting on. If it is misleading then I suppose you should do something about it.
    So you mean I should use the method you have described over here to unlock a factory installed V1.1.1 iPhone bought from Apple store ??
    Warm regards,
    Adit.
    Well cash very clearly says, repair your baseband. No, my method is purely for people who has upgraded their phones to v1.1.1 by mistake and have been using anySIM or iUnlock before to unlock their phone. anySIM and others mess up the baseband and seczone/NVRAM. But my method helps to restore the baseband as well as you can now use a 100% working iPhon e with v1.0.2 :-) Even if you upgrade to v1.1.1 it wont brick your phone, but you will still need to re-unlock it using anySIM v1.1.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

Pyro_Teknic (2007-10-17), spencersummerfield (2007-10-23), young harlem (2007-10-18), Yoyo (2007-10-17)

Default Thanks!
    Hey ReVan,

Your instructions were great and I could unlock my out of the box v.1.1.1 iPhone in no time. Thanks alot!

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou.

Ihave had my iPhone for 6 days now and thought there was no unlock in sight and here it is... I felt very brave doing it but after following the instructions to the letter i now am using it on O2 in the UK with no problems, EDGE even works with the right settings...

Thanks again

Richard

did anyone try upgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.02 and downgrading the baseband then upgrading again to 1.1.1 and using the ANYsim 1.1 to unlock it?

after Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14 and reversing anySIM/iUnlock messup's
    what should I do, please expalin in detail. thnx in advance

When I'm using the Terminal, i try to put in the command chmod +x bbupdater, but it says "chmod: bbupdater: No such file or directory"

How did u solve this??
    Thanks
    Last edited by niall tuohy; 2007-10-17 at 08:16 PM.

So Let Me Get This Straight:

Before I go on, here's the condition of my phone right now:
    It has v1.0.2 firmware that was unlocked through ANYSIM 1.0 and already activated through PACAY to use with T-Mobile and was never updated to v1.1.1 (therefore was not bricked) and now that there's a wonderful tut online (this thread) I have decided to update to v1.1.1

Now, after reading the entire thread:
    Do I just leave my phone as it is and do Phase 2 & 3 of the procedure to undo what ANYSIM 1.0 did to the baseband (making the phone locked) and then RE-UNLOCK the phone with Erica's Unlock.app and then apply the v1.1.1 firmware update (which won't brick my phone but will lock the phone) and I then RE-UNLOCK AGAIN using ANYSIM 2.0?

Is this correct? If not, please school me.

Also, after updating to v1.1.1 will I have to RE-ACTIVATE again? If so, do I use PACAY?

Sorry If I'm asking a lot, I just want to understand what I will be doing before I do it. Thanks.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast