Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1

ReVan do i have to do it with iBrickr and is lockdownd the same file found in SaviousPack.

thanx in advance
    i know what Jailbreak is

Quick questions ReVan or anyone that might know...After downgraded to baseband/modem firmware to 3.14 can I use anysim v1.1 to unlock? Also If I use erick's unlock.app can I upgrade my iphone to the newer firmware with out it being bricked? Many thanks!!!

i've gotten to terminal but when i type in "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" it sawas
    Unknown arguement "-w'
    launchctl: unkown subcommand "/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"

Im stuck at the "ieraser" part...., I get the "Wainting for Data..." and nothing happens...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey ReVan, sorry to bother you with a post that smacks of needy validation. I just had too many issues over this past weekend. Without getting into the drama, all I want to know is if this will work on my phone. Here is the condition as it exists right now: I had unlocked it with anySIM then bricked by upgrading to 1.1.1. I then recovered and set back to 1.0.2 with the baseboard set back as well. Then aySIMmed again to reset the IMEI and lockdwned to get iTunes to accept it. As it stands, I can perform all functions except that most of my AppTapp installer programs aren't showing up (especially OpenSSH and Customize- possibly unrelated but who knows). iTunes only sees it as a generic iPhone and not mine. Interestingly making my $100 store credit unusable. WTF is up with that anyway-guess it knows that THIS iPhone is not Activated via My Account? Anyway, will your method allow me to finally upgrade to 1.1.1? Or at least make it a more factory fresh 1.0.2? Iwill settle for either right now. Thanks for the feedback. David

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Connect your iPhone with iTunes and then close iTunes and run wiNstaller. I've mentioned in my guide to keep iTunes connected at all times.

Please re-upload the .FLS and .EEP file one by one.

I'm not a moderator :-) You need to extract ALL files from the PACAY archive onto a folder, and then run the .bat file.

Yes, you do need .NET Framework v2.0 installed for wiNstaller to execute.

Yes, you can upgrade the phone to v1.1.1 without getting it bricked. But cannot Activate or Unlock it with a non-AT&T SIM.
    I unlock via anysim 1.0 then upgraded to 1.1.1 & downgrade back to 1.0.2 & downgrade modem to 03.14. I did phase 3. I am on AT&T & have everything working and decided to upgrade to 1.1.1. Now my phone says "Incorrect SIM insert an unlock and valid SIM to activate iphone.

I have AT&T SIM.

Can anybody tell me whats wrong?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soyabeandrinks View Post
    Quick questions ReVan or anyone that might know...After downgraded to baseband/modem firmware to 3.14 can I use anysim v1.1 to unlock? Also If I use erick's unlock.app can I upgrade my iphone to the newer firmware with out it being bricked? Many thanks!!!
    This is what I did, restored v1.0.2 on my anySIM 1.0.2 baseband... wiped and downgraded the firmware... ran anySIM v1.1 and got "Invalid SIM error" "The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM"

So I redo Phase 2 & 3 and my phones back!!! pheww!

Since you've already applied Unlock.app, you do Phase 2 and use anySIM v1.1. Please let me know if it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by outsited View Post
    i've gotten to terminal but when i type in "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" it sawas
    Unknown arguement "-w'
    launchctl: unkown subcommand "/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"
    Reinstall BSD Subsystem 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation3Br View Post
    Im stuck at the "ieraser" part...., I get the "Wainting for Data..." and nothing happens...
    Reupload ieraser & secpack and chmod +x ieraser

Quote Originally Posted by dbrown0690 View Post
    Hey ReVan, sorry to bother you with a post that smacks of needy validation. I just had too many issues over this past weekend. Without getting into the drama, all I want to know is if this will work on my phone. Here is the condition as it exists right now: I had unlocked it with anySIM then bricked by upgrading to 1.1.1. I then recovered and set back to 1.0.2 with the baseboard set back as well. Then aySIMmed again to reset the IMEI and lockdwned to get iTunes to accept it. As it stands, I can perform all functions except that most of my AppTapp installer programs aren't showing up (especially OpenSSH and Customize- possibly unrelated but who knows). iTunes only sees it as a generic iPhone and not mine. Interestingly making my $100 store credit unusable. WTF is up with that anyway-guess it knows that THIS iPhone is not Activated via My Account? Anyway, will your method allow me to finally upgrade to 1.1.1? Or at least make it a more factory fresh 1.0.2? Iwill settle for either right now. Thanks for the feedback. David
    Yes, please follow from Phase 1 right upto 3 and your phone should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mixi92 View Post
    I unlock via anysim 1.0 then upgraded to 1.1.1 & downgrade back to 1.0.2 & downgrade modem to 03.14. I did phase 3. I am on AT&T & have everything working and decided to upgrade to 1.1.1. Now my phone says "Incorrect SIM insert an unlock and valid SIM to activate iphone.

I have AT&T SIM.

Can anybody tell me whats wrong?

Erica's Unlock.app is only for v1.0.2 and even if you upgrade, your phone doesnt get bricked. Since you upgraded to v1.1.1 do the following:

Downgrade your firmware to v1.0.2 and use anySIM 1.1 and upgrade back to v1.1.1. Let me know how this goes.
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-17 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

docomar (2007-10-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    [B]
    Erica's Unlock.app is only for v1.0.2 and even if you upgrade, your phone doesnt get bricked. Since you upgraded to v1.1.1 do the following:

Downgrade your firmware to v1.0.2 and use anySIM 1.1 and upgrade back to v1.1.1. Let me know how this goes.
    Okey Thank you, starting over again............wish me luck!!!

ReVan,

Got it back to work, had difficulty downgrading baseband through your method did some twisting through ssh & got it to downgrade back to 3.14. I have it unlock again with Erica's. I tried anysim1.1.1 then update to firmware 1.1.1 but re-lock my phone & will not activate not even on PACAY & will give me a sim error although I have AT&T. IMEI changed as well to oo4 something.

Anyway got it back to work after 6hrs of restore/recovery and now looking good. I'll wait for an easier fix to update firmware to 1.1.1

love your guides anyway and really helped a lot. THANK YOU SO MUCH...
    Last edited by mixi92; 2007-10-18 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks man it worked like a charm.Croatia You LOVE.

I'm into some BIG trouble:

I did the procedure, and I was able to downgrade the baseband (thanks btw) and I am running iUnlocker right now but the speaker on my iPhone doesn't work anymore! I tried to play a song and no sound, I haven't tried it with a headset but the speaker no longer works at all. No sounds when typing or charging or anything. This issue right after I disable the CommCenter.plist.

If you could hlep me I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!

EDIT:

The unlock enable the CommCenter and now it's working again!

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist this is where i get stuck @ after i type cd /usr/bin and all the codes finish running do i type launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist right next to cd /usr/bin or do i jus go below that and start @ the #

how remove unlock icon. in Ibrick disappear application unlock

THANK YOU REVAN!

it worked for my bricked 1.02!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I'm finished doing all 3 Phases, now I want to upgrade to 1.1.1, what is the correct process to do this? Do I update to 1.1.1, JailBreak it, and then install AnySIM 1.1?

thank you very much it work great

but one problem my youtube is not working and i ran the app to fix it.
    any ideas

THANK YOU SO MUCH. i just bought a brand new 8GB iphone at an applestore. with the virgin 1.1.1 version software. Its all working and it was great. no problems whatsover, i did it and it was safe!! recommended.. thanks again. keep it up, one step ahead of apple yeah!!

Default thanks thanks thanks
    Thank you very much for the mod it worked wonders!!! im just wondering how to get rid of the unlock icon because its still on my spring board thanks again!!! i appreciate it.

rudy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Use iPhoneBrowser 1.3 and you can delete the Unlock.app folder and it's content.

great guide!!thanks a lot!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I will come back and help everyone. I'l give easier guidelines.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast