Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1

i just wanna add something..
    i got stuck on waiting for data (phase 3) after running "./virginator.sh"

what i did is restart terminal
    "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"

it will tell you that there is no process because virginator already did unload it

rerun:
    "cd /usr/bin/virginizer_pack"
    "chmod +x virginator.sh"
    "./virginator.sh"

follow the on-screen prompts and everything should go fine..

Perhaps you wanna add this onto your troubleshooting guide..

This is my second baseband reset so im not quite sure why i got the error..
    Everything went fine on the first one..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saru96 View Post
    REVAN

how would i go about using this guide if i have an unlocked iphone with 1.0.2 firmware right now on it. What phase would i start with? and would i need to take any different steps? thanks for all your help and for this wonderful guide
    Start from the REVIRGINIZING phase.

Quote Originally Posted by GisMo View Post
    Phase 2.5 never worked for me(WinStaller kept hanging and never loaded the Unlock.app(froze in restore mode)) I skipped that step and went to Phase 3. That fixed the bad IMEI number and immediately recognized the at&t sim. Now to upgrade the software and unlock via Carnaval..

Thanks thus far!
    Download and install .NET Framework v2.0 + .NET Framework v3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Pain P View Post
    Hey all

first of all very nice guides here but i got a bit of a problem using Unlock.app
    When i click the app the screen goes white ( i've seen the question here but not an solution ) so i hope someone can give me a hint because that f*cked up imei nr is keeping me from goin' on to the next steps

(without sim imei is ok , when i insert my simcard proximus the imei chenges that's why i'm doin step 2.5)

Greetings
    Pain
    You need to chmod +x *.* inside your Unlock.app folder

Quote Originally Posted by panahi View Post
    It seems I have an unusual problem. I was using AT&T with my iPhone. Then I sold the phone to a friend. He wanted t-mobile service. I successfully hacked the phone using dev teams hacks and installer to free the phone for t-mobile sim card and 3rd party apps.

Then, my friend came to me one day with the phone asking why he could not log in. I checked the phone out....turns out the bottom half of his touchscreen is bad (or so I think). The little "i" button can be clicked (at the top of the screen. But the "cancel" button on the turn off phone screen and the slider on the log in screen (both at the bottom of the screen) are unresponsive to user input.

This poses a major problem, because the IMEI was changed for t-mobile si hack. When I showed the "Geniuses," they told me..."well this phone has had third party software on it, it cannot be repaired because the warranty has been voided." I expected this, but I thought well maybe Apple is not just some huge bunch of pretentious a$ with a superiority complex. I was wrong, they say they can and will do nothing.

Luckily for us, the phone is not blacklisted yet, and the Geniuses forgot to write down the serial number.

How can I reset the IMEI without either using the touchscreen or using wifi (I have to use the touchscreen to get onto wifi)?

-Notes 1.1.1 firmware
    -Everything virginized except IMEI.
    -My AT&T plan has expired, but minutes are still good, and I have the sim still.

Many thanks to all takers

Brian
    Brian, tell your friend that because of his mishandling of the iPhone The Digitizer has been spoilt, you need to hunt in the market and get the Digitizer replaced, without that you cannot use the bottom half of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_we View Post
    Hey guys,

I also have an unusual problem.
    I had a quite severely bricked I-Phone here.1.02 original ,jailbrocken, wrongly upgraded, bricked... (no wifi, no phone, resets etc.etc) with ibrickr 0.91 and the manual here I could actually revirginize it, upgraded it to 1.1(interresting was that wifi worked again after upgrading to 1.1!!! didn´t work under 1.02) and unlock it worked all like a charm. Have now T-Mobile and WIFI back. Did the cleanup as suggested.
    But it seems my phone´s battery gets empty now over night. (from fully charged to 10% in 6 hours, and wifi is sometimes not available again. After a restart (power on) and charging out of the red zone I have a good chance I get it back) I couldn´t find the BSD subsystem or the open SSL in the installer to uninstall ???. I have heared that the SSL could be responsible for the powerdrain. Any idea why my wifi is not stable adter power down?

cheers

Rob

...another strange thing. I seem to have lost all entries in the installer besides nullriver... (refresh resources doesnt change anything) but WIFI works and i can install anything from nullriver...

any ideas how to get the rest back?
    As I've advised in my guide towards Phase 4, that you should upgrade you REEVIRGINIZE V1.0.2 to v1.1.1 via DFU mode. Do that and all should be fine, no need to use anySIM again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blatwurst View Post
    Thanks!! Thanks!! Thanks!!

I was thinking that my phone was permanently bricked, then I found this guide! Where do I donate!

ONE NOTE THAT MIGHT HELP OTHERS: I did have one hiccup in this process. I couldn't downgrade to 1.0.2. Whenever I tried, I'd get an "unexpected error (1)" in iTunes. After pulling most of my hair out, I stumbled across the answer. THE SOLUTION: Downgrade to 1.0.1 first, then "upgrade" to 1.0.2. Once I did this, the rest of this guide worked like a charm. I'm at 1.1.1 with T-Mobile, and lovin' it!
    If your receiving a error (1) you dont need to downgrade to v1.0.1, just uninstall iTunes and delete the iTunes folder from Program Files.. Document & Settings/Application Data etc. Reboot your Pc and install the latest version. All should be fine :-)

Quote Originally Posted by saru96 View Post
    what does DFU mode mean?

when i try to run WinSCP it says network error: Connection timed out...
    what do i do?
    After installing OpenSSH via Installer 3.0x you should click the [>] blue arrow next to your WiFi name, it will show you a IP address 192.168.xx.xx, if you've entered this IP into WinSCP, it will go ahead of "Connection Timed Out"

Quote Originally Posted by ponyong71 View Post
    Dear reVan, awesome guide man!!!
    I am not really in to dos commands and such but still managed to understand it.
    Very good guide!

although...

Can anyone help.
    I've reached phase 3.5, dl the file and followed the steps to update with itunes. when I open the fle I have these:

a folder named Firmware
    022-3602-17.dmg
    022-3629-9.dmg
    022-3630-9.dmg
    kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb
    and a quicktime ref called "Restore"

Thing is which one of these is the firmware 111 to be select through itunes.
    'm using xp dunno if it would help.

.. or should i do it all over and stop somewhere so i can use the ibrickr 1.0.2 to unlock.

thanks
    After downloading the .ipsw v1.1.1 firmware file, once you've done the steps for DFU mode, you will see the restore mode on iTunes. Hold SHIFT + Restore button and point it towards the v1.1.1 firmware file and it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by 164460 View Post
    hey revan, my iphone has the IMEI 0049.... i followed many guides to fix it and none work, i followed this too and it doesnt work too, what can i do?, i dont have the at&t sim, im using my carrier sim, and also did without the sim and still got the IMEI, what can i do??
    im starting to think that my iphone is permanently bricked because nothin seems to repair the IMEI.

it was originally 1.0.2, bought it unlocked with anysim, then i followed a guide to virginize and can upgrade but when i applied the 1.1.1 my IMEI changed and theres where all my journey started and seems that the end is going to be sad and bad.
    Put your original SIM in the phone and follow the Phase 2.5 and unlock via UNLOCK.APP then follow the remaining Phases of the guide and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by emotuesdays View Post
    i just wanna add something..
    i got stuck on waiting for data (phase 3) after running "./virginator.sh"

what i did is restart terminal
    "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"

it will tell you that there is no process because virginator already did unload it

rerun:
    "cd /usr/bin/virginizer_pack"
    "chmod +x virginator.sh"
    "./virginator.sh"

follow the on-screen prompts and everything should go fine..

Perhaps you wanna add this onto your troubleshooting guide..

This is my second baseband reset so im not quite sure why i got the error..
    Everything went fine on the first one..
    You probably should skip the part when it asks you to Backup by selecting the options yes/no.
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-11-09 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hello people,

Please note:

When you have jailbroken V1.02, then please dont update the installer application to V3.XX.

Dont use the installer application for installing mobile terminal VT100 and BSD Subsystem in V1.02

Use iBrickr for instead.

After upgrading to V1.1.1 and then use carnaval to jailbreak it

Then update the installer to V3.XX and install BSD subsystem and OpenSSH from installer.
    Dell XPS M1710
    Intel CORE 2 DUO T7400 2.16 Ghz
    1 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce Go7900 GS 256 MB
    Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition

iPhone 8GB
    V1.1.4 Unlocked
    Youtube Working
    WiFi Working.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVaN
    Put your original SIM in the phone and follow the Phase 2.5 and unlock via UNLOCK.APP then follow the remaining Phases of the guide and you should be fine.

But i dont have the at&t sim, i bought my iphone already unlocked and it didnt have the sim with it, what can i do?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

the unlock.app is no longer on teh site any links?

1-If you havent got AT T sim card No problem..İ havent got an AT T sim also now unlocked.YOU must UNLOCK with Anysim 1.1.1p OK.

2-unlock.app active link is here

3-ReVan thank you for the GUİDE. İts very easy to apply.,

Have a nice iPhone.

can i follow this procedure even if i dont have my original ATT sim ?

Thanks man thanks a ton iT WORKS !!!!! you dont even need an at&t sim its simply Phenomenal

Hi guys i'm realy noob in this.
    I use * AppTapp
    * iBrickr
    * PACAY (aka ‘point and click activation with YouTube’)
    * anySIM-1.1
    * wiNstaller
    * iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw

Nowdays I wanna update to 1.1.1 after unlocking with anySIM 1.1 ,how can i perform that?
    Just click update in iTunes and then *#307# method to jailbrake, and unlock with anySIM 1.1p

Thanks a lot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bobim45 For This Useful Post:

abc12345 (2007-11-09)

Where is the Saviour Pack? all links I've tried seem to be broken. Or, can someone tell me what's in the Saviour Pack?

I had an original v1.1.1 which I had successfully jailbreak'd and anysim'd. Everything was working fine. But I pushed my luck with 3rd party apps and ended up with the 4999xx IMEI.

I've finally just been able to downgrade to v1.0.2 and now I need to downgrade my baseband before attempting to fix my corrupted IMEI (step 2.5).

But it seems I need the Saviour Pack for the baseband downgrade and I cannot find it.

Anyone?

Default big trouble
    hi revan, hope you can help me. i have successfully completed phases 1 to 3.5 three times, one with at&t sim card, one with no sim at all, and one with my own sim card. still, i have no wifi and a corrupt IMEI.

phase 2.5 doesn't seem to do anything at all even though it successfully completes.

please help me, i'm getting desperate.

Default Saviour Pack?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeronimorv View Post
    hi revan, hope you can help me. i have successfully completed phases 1 to 3.5 three times, one with at&t sim card, one with no sim at all, and one with my own sim card. still, i have no wifi and a corrupt IMEI.

phase 2.5 doesn't seem to do anything at all even though it successfully completes.

Jeronimorv....how did you do Step 2? Do you have the Savour Pack?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyking View Post
    Jeronimorv....how did you do Step 2? Do you have the Savour Pack?
    yes, just dowload it in http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8t3ne

Default Great Firewall of China
    yes, just dowload it in http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8t3ne
    Ok, so its not the site, its me. I'm in China and I can't seem to reach this site from here (The Great Firewall).

Just sent you a PM.

this guide is the best ever terrfic thanks it works perfect

revan, I'm now at the same point as jeronimorv....i finally got the Saviour Pack and have done phases 1-3.5 but no luck restoring my corrupt IMEI. any advice?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

thanks a mill!!! MAN!! worked prefectly the first time

i followed this guide completely but i didnt upgrade to v1.1.1. but now when i try to sync my iphone, itunes gives me an error "attempting to copy to the disk failed. the disk could not be read or written to."

Really good method for upgrading to 1.1.1 here:
    at: http://iphone.unlock.no/
    Works on 1.0.2 phones already bricked after upgrading to 1.1.1. Will unbrick your phone and leave you running 1.1.1 unlocked.
    No knowledge of the terminal needed. All done through the installer application.
    Worked for me.
    Make sure you're not running itunes 7.5 though, re-install an older version.

Hope this is of some help to someone here!
    Last edited by bdogg; 2007-11-10 at 10:37 PM. Reason: error in original post

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bdogg For This Useful Post:

dooey5 (2007-11-11)

Unhappy Lost
    Hey guys, I'm lost on what to do next.....

I've tried every method I can find out there among the thousands of posts and dozens of walk-throughs but nothing seems to work and I believe I'm not alone.

Here's my situation:
    - Bought a v1.1.1 phone
    - successfully jailbreak'd it and anysim'd it using the iphone.unlock.no method. was working fine for several days
    - installed some app which caused me to get the invalid SIM error
    - tried several recovery methods but finally realized that downgrading phone and baseband to try and recover was my only option
    - successfully downgraded to v1.0.2 and baseband 3.14.08.
    - successfully jailbroke again with ibrickr/AppTappInstaller/etc

However, my problem remains:
    - bad IMEI 04999xx
    - no wifi
    - no bluetooth
    - invalid SIM error

I've tried:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14623
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12229
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13255
    http://www.gsm-forum.eu/iphone/15208...al-1-02-a.html
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14384
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...irginizingTool
    and others....

I've tried with my AT&T SIM in, my desired SIM in, no SIM....all combinations thereof....no luck.

At this point, I have no more options to try unless someone can lead me to another path or point out something I may have missed.

thanks.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast