Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1

Phase 3 :: Fix your corrupt seczone!

1. Download the verginizer pack here:
    Code:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x3fia5

2. Unzip it and extract the folder on your C
    3. Copy the "verginizer_pack" directory to your iPhone's /usr/bin/.
    4. Use MobileTerminal or SSH to change to the "virginizer_pack" directory.
    5. Give "virginator.sh" permission to execute:
    Code:

./chmod +x virginator.sh

6. Execute virginator.sh and follow the prompts:
    Code:

./virginator.sh

If errors occur they will be saved in "error.log" in the virginizer_pack directory.
    Could anybody especified this Phase, please?
    About saying wicth options and describing each step by step...

tnks, a lot!

I`m almost there.

ne0xys

Wininstaller just freezes :S

when it hits

"entering recovery mode" it sits on it for ages.. doesnt do anything!

I figured out another way..

After downgrading.. flashing baseband too.. then doing seczone.. UNINSTALL installed.. BSD and openSSH. DONT INSTALL anysim YET.

do an update via itunes. run carnaval

THEN update installer, install BSD openssh.. then copy anysim! then bOOM! it works ;D ( wininstaller ) didnt work for me
    Last edited by xp02ed; 2007-10-29 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xp02ed For This Useful Post:

xash (2007-10-29)

Thanks xp02ed , will try this and post feedback......

anySIM installed.....
    launching unlock......
    Copying Firmware.....
    Please Wait...(come on i cant wait anymore !!! lol)......
    Waiting for erase Completion.....(come on !!!!! muhahaha)....
    Flashing the baseband......(yeah flash it baby ! gogogo)....
    Starting the Commcenter.....
    UNLOCK SUCCESSFUL !....(lets see...)
    Yepeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Perfectttttttt Welcome on ORANGE NETWORK FRANCE !!!
    Last edited by xash; 2007-10-29 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm using mac so I don't know if I can use this guide or not. I've bricked my one day old iphone and I'm scared to try again after all the time I've dedicated to getting it back to 1.0.2 and so that iTunes would even recognize it. Can someone make a guide for mac users and perhaps explain this to me like I'm a two year old. I'm lost. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by drgringo View Post
    I'm using mac so I don't know if I can use this guide or not. I've bricked my one day old iphone and I'm scared to try again after all the time I've dedicated to getting it back to 1.0.2 and so that iTunes would even recognize it. Can someone make a guide for mac users and perhaps explain this to me like I'm a two year old. I'm lost. Please help
    For mac user, ur best bet is to use Independence, that will saves u lots of trouble we are encountering right now.

For the people that have problem with Winstaller, dont' use Winstaller because it's not competiable with firmware 1.1.1.

go to this website:
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11833

scroll down where they start to use WinSCP to transfer file and change permission to 0755

Bascially, in my word:
    1) at Phase 4, download WinSCP
    2) Have anySIM.app extracted
    3) look for your phone's IP, by going to Setting > Network > your router name> IP address shown
    4) type it in WinSCP, login and pw (it's on the website, sorry im too lazy to look it up cuz im at work atm)
    5) try several times to login
    6) once ur done, navigate to applications folder in your iphone, then copy the anySIM.app directory to applications folder
    7) right click on anySIM, properties, change the 4 digit number to 0755
    8) restart iphone
    9) anySIM.app icon should be there, click it and it will start the unlocking process

If i miss anything please let me know, this informations are from the Link above.
    Last edited by powa; 2007-10-29 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello I had a unlocked phone ver 1.0.2 and i tried to upgrade it to 1.1.1 and it says that apple doesnt allow a 2nd unlock to happen on the same phone... so i thought if i used the verginitor program it should work... Im at the anysim appliccation and i get stuck at phone booting to restore mode...

Im wondering can I even upgrade it or am i stuck with a phone that I wont be able to fix... cause everywhere I go, I read I cant upgrade if I had an unlock phone.

PLZ HELP MEEE

i try to connect using winscp and it says network error:connection refused. what is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by anend1 View Post
    i try to connect using winscp and it says network error:connection refused. what is wrong
    try it a few more times, it took me 3 times before i can login, and connections weren't stable, try to get as close to ur router as possible for best wifi reception

Weird. I followed every step correctly, but I cannot gt to the upgrade step to 1.1.1... iTunes wants me to activate my iPhone first. Any way of surpassing this?

I follower xp02ed's advise and uninstalled BSD and MobileTerminal before wanting to upgrade... but now I am stuck with the activation screen...

Somebody help me in Phase 3.
    Witch options do I choose step by step?

Now you can upgrade to v1.1.1, use iTunes to upgrade and then use CARNAVAL to jailbreak + activate + youtube + installer and then UNLOCK with anySIM-1.1p.

Phase 4 :: Unlocking your iPhone using anySIM1.1p
    1. Run wiNstaller by extracting all the files from the (wiNstaller.zip) archive into a folder called wiNstaller and execute the file wiNstallerGUI.exe
    2. Download anySIM1.1p
    3. Extract the anySIM.app folder from anySIM-1.1p.rar onto a folder.
    4. In wiNstaller, click Install Application and browse to anySIM.app and click OK. wiNstaller will start installing and will tell you when it's completed its job by saying "Install Complete"
    5. Now you will find the anySIM icon on your SpringBoard. Goto Settings > General > Auto-lock change it to Never.
    6. Poweroff your iPhone, put your SIM inside and PoweOn.
    7. Click on anySIM icon. Follow the instructions and it's done!

Congratulations! You've successfully unlocked your baseband by not corrupting it like anySIM 1.0.2/iUnlock does. Feel free to upgrade to v1.1.1
    I`m afraid to do this part.
    I did once and I guess I lost all my job before cause everything went back the same way when I started this guide..
    Last edited by ne0xys; 2007-10-29 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm stuck in terminal. When I do bbupdater -v, it says:
    Resetting target..
    Error: Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)
    Done.
    #

So I'm basically stuck. My phone has no wifi, IMEI, etc. as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by powa View Post
    try it a few more times, it took me 3 times before i can login, and connections weren't stable, try to get as close to ur router as possible for best wifi reception
    Maybe I need SSH installed? But how di I get it on my 1.1.1 phone? iBrickr doesn't work, Winstaller either, and there is no connection via WinSCP...

NVM, I got openSSH installed, BUT WinSCP can't open a connection... It says it doesn't get an answer for over 15 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by stm701 View Post
    I'm stuck in terminal. When I do bbupdater -v, it says:
    Resetting target..
    Error: Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)
    Done.
    #

So I'm basically stuck. My phone has no wifi, IMEI, etc. as of now.
    You need to unload com.apple.commcenter.plist first, then restart the iphone. then it should be free.
    Last edited by Racing.Ray; 2007-10-29 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Racing.Ray View Post
    Weird. I followed every step correctly, but I cannot gt to the upgrade step to 1.1.1... iTunes wants me to activate my iPhone first. Any way of surpassing this?

I follower xp02ed's advise and uninstalled BSD and MobileTerminal before wanting to upgrade... but now I am stuck with the activation screen...

did you use Caraval 0.4 and follow the instructions as it prompts after update to 1.1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Racing.Ray View Post
    Maybe I need SSH installed? But how di I get it on my 1.1.1 phone? iBrickr doesn't work, Winstaller either, and there is no connection via WinSCP...

NVM, I got openSSH installed, BUT WinSCP can't open a connection... It says it doesn't get an answer for over 15 seconds...

You need to unload com.apple.commcenter.plist first, then restart the iphone. then it should be free.

try a few more times for the WinSCP, i was having exactly same problem as you yesterday, ibrickr doesn't work, winstaller doesn't work, and nothing can communicate with the iphone. The only option for you is WinSCP, nothing u can do about this, try few more times

donno if this is related, install BSD sub system 1.5 as well
    Last edited by powa; 2007-10-29 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by powa View Post
    did you use Caraval 0.4 and follow the instructions as it prompts after update to 1.1.1?

try a few more times for the WinSCP, i was having exactly same problem as you yesterday, ibrickr doesn't work, winstaller doesn't work, and nothing can communicate with the iphone. The only option for you is WinSCP, nothing u can do about this, try few more times

donno if this is related, install BSD sub system 1.5 as well

Okay... so I just restored to 1.1.1 over iTunes through restore mode 8since I couldn't update normally because of the activation). I got the installer update, BSD and openSSH installed. I got stuck with WinSCP, BUT if you change the file protocal from SFTP to SCP, it works!!!
    I uploaded anySIM 1.1p and I am processing it right now....

UPDATE: IT WORKED!!!!!
    I finally got 1.1.1 working on my T-Mobile Germany SIM for thefirst time since 2 days
    Last edited by Racing.Ray; 2007-10-29 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

great, let's hope everything goes well =)

I am a new user of iPhone and therefore forgive me for my very little experiance with this machine. However after managed to unbrick my iphone, went through the procedure and managed to Jailbreak it as well. however when trying to install the Anysim or simfree applications, the wininstaller failed after checking systems 2 and can't apply the SSL. tried many time can't get it to work. am I doing something wrong - what? I appreciate a link to the the relevant discussion in any form ....

Hi Revan,
    I have a unlocked iPhone and I have run the PHASE 3 on it and then upgraded to V1.1.1
    Now I have also jailbroken and activated using the method given by you here. Unfortunately when installing ANYSIM 1.1 through winstaller I am getting stuck in winstaller "booting to restore mode".
    I have used your guides to perfection downgrading the baseband and everything and works flawlessly but I am stuck here. Please help ...... Thanks in advance.
    Adit.

SOMEONE PLZ HELP MEE!!!!!...

I finally got anysim on my iphone, I unlock the phone and I dont get any signal.... Am I doing something wrong??? plz help mee!!!

OK Revan,
    I have done everything ok restored + downgraded + fixed seczone + upgraded to V1.1.1 & then jailbroken but when I try and install AnySim 1.1P through winstaller I get stuck at "booting to restore mode" ?? why is this happening ??
    I have unlocked quite a lot of phones here by your guides and they work great !!
    This is something weird.
    Please help as this is my own iPhone I was trying to upgrade. Thanks.

Default PLEASE help
    I already had 1.02 unlocked using anysim as my phones system already so do i skip downgrading it and the baseband because it is still the 3.14?

And i just fix the seczone right?

ok, so now i downloaded mobile terminal and ONLY after i did that, that i downloaded BSD 1.5, but when i try to run terminal from my phone, it only lets me place 3 digits in it and it closes, can someone help!!!!

Mobile terminal shows

"Lst login: Mon Oct 29 20:02:52 on ttypO
    -sh-3.2#"

CAN SOMEONE PELASE HELP ME!!!!

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast