Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by kk_maths97 View Post
    I know this sounds stupid but i used 2 tutorials both done by Revan to unlock my iphone and fortunately it worked for me...

so First I started with tutorial that's above here and also used all the tools that on this page only. I did all steps until the PHASE 2 STEP 4 like download the PXL. After doing this steps, i went on this another tutorial by Revan himself:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8969

and There I started from the STEP 9 for which I had to download anysim 1.1.PXL file thats on that another page. so I did the REST STEPS from this second link tutorial and I have been successful with that lol I know it sounds stupid but that has worked lol.

I did this because I was having hard time writing all this commands using mobile terminal and stuff...well just wanted to let everyone know how i unlocked it... Good Luck all...
    Im also having a lot of problems runnning the commands on terminal, you are saying that after dongrwading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 (still with the 4.xx Baseband) install ANySim 1.1 on the running 1.0.2 and run it and will work still on 1.0.2?

Will AnySIM 1.1 run on the 1.0.2 downgraded phone? without the downgrade of the baseband?

my situation, running XP, new 1.1.1 out of the box, downgraded to 1.0.2 using iBrick.91, then installed the files went thru Phase 1 and uploaded the files from the saviour pack of Phase 2. thats it

your help will be much appreciatted
    Last edited by paulomb; 2007-10-26 at 05:07 PM.

i tried following this guide several times now and i always get the same error in step 9 of the second phase:
    failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)

i should mention i have no wifi (greyed out in the preferences) or celular signal.

just so you know more about the previos steps i took:
    .had a working 1.0.2 unlocked with anysim 1.02
    .virginized with the elite dev team's tool correctly
    .upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbreaked with the tiff exploit method
    .after the jailbreak, the phone was very slow so i restored to 1.1.1
    .wifi was dead, downgraded to 1.0.2

now i'm trying to use this guide to get the wifi working again, and hopefully then upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak with the dev team's method.

i really need help here.

thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default REVAN, i need your help for one last time :)
    PLEASE HELP, before i mess up my phone for a second time )

i had an unlocked 1.0.2 phone on tuesday, it has been unlocked for over a month with unlock-fast.pxl (the 20 minute process...)

tuesday afternoon i dunno wtf i was thinking, i decided i know what im doing and updated to 1.1.1, without virginizing the phone. safe to say everything got messed up, i tried 30 different write-ups and i kept on getting the error message INVALID SIM - I honestly thought i bricked my phone

last night i used the following 2 write-ups:

a) http://www.modmyi.com/forums/sh...seban d+1.1.1

b) http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8968

the only difference is that ANYSIM 1.1 didnt work for me, therefore i tried my original UNCLOCK-FAST.PXL file which i initially sed last month to unlock it

i downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and even Downgraded iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14 and reversed anySIM/iUnlock messups therefore i tried a shot in the dark to use UNLOCK-FAST.PXL since i was becoming desperate!

now it works, i have 1.0.2 and version 03.14.08, but my question is, CAN I SAFELY UPGRADE TO 1.1.1 or will i have the same issue again? i was told since i downgraded my baseband and virginized my phone i should be fine, but the guy that told me said he wasnt sure... phew, what a week

Thumbs up Successfully downgrade and activation
    After spending 2 days trying to figure this out, finally I found the easiest way to activate the iPhone.

Phase 1 :: Downgrade iPhone 1.1.1 to firmware 1.0.2
    Firmware: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw

================================================== =================

1. Start iTunes and plug in your iPhone which is running the 1.1.1 firmware.

2. Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power
    off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep
    button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone. The
    screen on your iPhone should be displaying nothing right now. OR Use iBrickr
    v0.91 to help you get into DFU mode and restore v1.0.2

3. iTunes will ask you if you want to restore. Hold down Option or Alt, I forget
    which (Shift if you are in Windows), and click restore. When iTunes asks you
    what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your folder where you've
    downloaded and saved v1.0.2.

4. When it completes, you will get an error. The iPhone will display the yellow
    triangle on the screen. Leave iTunes open, and run AppTappInstaller and select
    firmware v1.0.2. This may give you an error, but you should see the
    "Activate iPhone" screen after.

6. Close iTunes. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE, find iTunesHelper.exe under processes
    and terminate it.

7. Now your phone should show the "Please Connect to iTunes" screen with the
    yellow triangle.

PHASE 2 :: Running AppTappInstaller
    AppTappInstaller:
    http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe

1. Run AppTap to jailbreak your phone - it will restore it to a working 1.0.2
    firmware it even though you will get an error at the end. Just dismiss the
    error and quit the installer.

2. Run AppTap again to actually install the installer.app. It should successfully
    complete. Keep rerunning AppTap if it doesn't work the first time - it may
    take a few tries.

3. At this point you will have a jailbroken iPhone that still needs to be activated
    (as usual). Google is your friend.

PHASE 3 :: iPhone + YouTube Activation
    PACAY: http://www.linkhider.com/Txc5

1. Go to the folder where you extracted PACAY and start “(CLICK HERE) activate.bat”.
    Follow the steps on your screen. When it asks to power the iPhone off and on
    again: Hold the power button on the phone, slide the red slider, wait about 15
    seconds and power the phone on again.

2. After this is done, you must reboot your iphone.

3. Insert the existing AT&T sim Card.

4. Congrats!

How To Reset Your iPhone

Here's how to get yourself out of an iPhone jam.
    If an iPhone apps seems to be locked up: Hold the Home button for six seconds.
    This should bring you to Home.

If that doesn't work, try reseting your iPhone.
    How to reset an iPhone?
    Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the Apple logo appears.

Default Need some help.
    So i've tried every guide and so far.. this is the only one that somewhat works for me. But when i get to phase 3, i am so completely lost that.... i just want to through the phone out the window. Can anyone give me some step by step. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kk_maths97 View Post
    I know this sounds stupid but i used 2 tutorials both done by Revan to unlock my iphone and fortunately it worked for me...

so First I started with tutorial that's above here and also used all the tools that on this page only. I did all steps until the PHASE 2 STEP 4 like download the PXL. After doing this steps, i went on this another tutorial by Revan himself:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8969

and There I started from the STEP 9 for which I had to download anysim 1.1.PXL file thats on that another page. so I did the REST STEPS from this second link tutorial and I have been successful with that lol I know it sounds stupid but that has worked lol.

I did this because I was having hard time writing all this commands using mobile terminal and stuff...well just wanted to let everyone know how i unlocked it... Good Luck all...
    THANKS A LOT FOR THIS, IT WORKS 100000% I HAVE UNLOCKED 6 PHONES WITH THIS METHOD IN A BREEZE, WAY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER METHOD

my only question is if after unlocking with ANYSIM 1.1 can i upgrade to FW 1.1.1 or will it get bricked? thanks again!

I'm still getting "incorrect sim" this iPhone must be used with an approved SIM. I did all the steps, What should i do....

Quote Originally Posted by camino View Post
    Hi, thanks for all the instructions. My problem I have no WiFi, no IP, no IMEI no Modem.
    On the point of bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep I get the message:
    Baseband Bootloader is too old, update to 1.8 or later and try again.
    How can I fix this.

ciao camino :-)
    i had the same problem...same exactly as u said. but i am afraid u cant do anything about it cz i believe u severely corrupted ur baseband...

i personally took mine to an Apple genious and she was a rookie lol so she replaced it no questions asked.....but before taking it to the Apple Store i updated the version to firmware 1.1.1 and i had a restore error with the connecter wire and itunes logo...and i told them its that way since it came outta the box and i got it as a gift...

for those that have been successful with this, could you please tell me when after typing "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" does it take a long time to do what it is supposed to do. My screen has been in a waiting mode for 20 min already.

I used the ultimate guide but have a problem after the upgrade and jailbraik via Carnaval.

I can't enter mij iPhone via WinSCP or Putty anymore.
    I used the new alpine password but I get a error "Server unexpectedly closed network connection".

Does anybody have any idea or would it be better to restore 1.1.1 in iTunes and jailbraik all over again (maybe this time with iDemocracy). I left my own SIM in the iPhone for the entire process, is this ok??

Quote Originally Posted by timba04 View Post
    for those that have been successful with this, could you please tell me when after typing "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" does it take a long time to do what it is supposed to do. My screen has been in a waiting mode for 20 min already.

thats how it is ...go to the next command in the instructions

problem solved.
    Had to restore 1.1.1. after the update.

i followed all the steps and in the end it said unlock successful after running anysim1.1 so i put a tmobile simcard and it still gives me the same error......please insert correct simcard or whatever it is.........and no reception.
    please help me

i tried again to type "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" i am asuming that this went fine. it immediately went over to the next #.
    BUT when entering "bbupdater -v" i get
    Resetting target ...
    Error: Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)
    Done
    #

also when i type ieraser i get
    baseband reset.
    16 (resource busy)

I tried typing all the commands and ignoring the messages, but when i reach the end it seems like nothing happened.
    Anybody knows the problem here.

forget it!!! i found out what was the problem. After you run the "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" you have to turn the iphone off and then back on. You open the terminal and type the commands starting with cd /usr/bin and then the rest of the commands and it completed successfully.
    Last edited by timba04; 2007-10-27 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ReVan,
    I read through the whole thread and I didn't see the problem I have come up. Everything proceeded smoothly until Phase 2 step 13, I typed the command:
    bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    I get the response:
    Error: failed to open or read the FLS file

I uploaded the .fls file with Ibrikr again, still same error. I deleleted the .fls file on my iphone with Ibrikr, downloaded Saviour Pack again and uploaded the .fls file, I still get the same error.

I guess I'm stuck and I'm not sure if my iphone is operable without a modem firmware. I assume 04.01.13_G got wiped with the ieraser command. I'm not sure what to do next or whether I can go back from this step. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I have .NET 3.0 framework. Will that be fine for the rest of the steps?

Default need help
    i tried to revirginize, i think it failed had an incorrect sim error so i downgraded again and now im getting incorrect sim error it says insert an unlocked and valid sim to acticvate, i did v1..02 anysim unlock
    thanks

Thank you, Thank you very much, I was was brick as the iPhone :P, but with this post, the "Incorrect SIM" message disappeared.

Thanks

GUIDE has been updated with better a REVIRGINIZER method. Also, use the original AT&T SIM card before unlocking your phone to avoid "Invalid SIM" messages when you use another SIM card than your own.

I'm going crazy, I had a 1.0.2 Iphone that was unlocked with AnySim and i wanted to upgrade so i tried this like 6 times and i'm still getting "Incorrect SIM"

I did:

Phase 1 :: Downgrade iPhone 1.1.1 to firmware 1.0.2 (No errors) O.K

Phase 2 :: Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14 and reversing anySIM/iUnlock messup's (no errors) O.K

Phase 3 :: Fix your corrupt seczone! (no errors) O.K

Phase 4 :: Unlocking your iPhone using anySIM1.1p (Success)

I'm using the same sim that came with the phone, What the hell am i doing wrong? Please help me, This is my 3 box of RedBull.

Thanks

The main thread has been updated with a new Revirgizer that is quite automated also the instructions have been updated

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast