Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by khanay View Post
    Questions:
    1..I have got a new out of the box 8gb today with 1.1.1 pre-installed.

2..To unlock it, i have to first downgrade to 1.0.2 and downgrade the baseband from 4.xx to 3.xx using this guide?

3.. I have to use Erica's Unlock.app to unlock it.

4..Once i unlock it using this guide and Erica's unlock,,,

5.. Would i be able to update to firmware 1.1.1 and not ending with a bricked phone?

6. For instance if it doesnt get bricked, then i can use AnySim1.1 to unlock it and start using firmware 1.1.1 without any problems on sims other than ATT?

Question 5 &6, that is where i am stuck,, cz i am really suspicious of using AnySim1.1 cz i had already corrupted the baseband permanenlty for a 4gig phone but replaced it thankfully at an apple store by some rookie genius lol

luv the iphone community
    I am a noon and am still learning. If you goto the main forum page then goto nodding for win/osx depending on your operating system you will see a tutorial for unlocking an iPhone a fw.1.1.1
    good luck

Thanks

MAIN GUIDE HAS BEEN UPDATED, NOW YOU CAN FIX YOUR SECZONE AND EASILY UPGRADE TO V1.1.1 WITHOUT GETTING YOUR PHONE BRICKED.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Phase 3 :: Fix your corrupt seczone!
    Follow this guide and tool for that
    Code:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/wiki/RevirginizingTool
    I assume that you dont have to do Phase 3 is your phone is 1.1.1 fresh out of the box, right?

thanks Revan!

I brought my phone back from the brink of death with this process a few days ago. Now its changed, should I go back and do phase 3 on its own or what?

Also....

What should someone do if they don't have wifi at home?

Quote Originally Posted by phonetd View Post
    TIP: Use the TAB key to auto complete commands/file/directory names
    can anyone help me to explain this?
    i'm very confused at phase 2
    after typimh code:

chmod +x bbupdater
    nothing happen, do i have to press anything after typing each code?
    hlep, please! many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
    This been asked twice but no answer, I was able to pass Phase I now i'm in phase 2 and passed

cd /usr/bin
    and
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

but i'm stuck at:chmod +x bbupdater

it does not do anything, what I'm doing wrong..appreciate for any help
    also do i have to start from begining of phase 2 or I can start where i left from
    Last edited by dj1965iphone; 2007-10-24 at 10:47 PM.

Worked flawlessly! Thanks a lot!

I followed this guide and successfully unlocked my 1.0.2 phone with anysim1.1p.

How can I upgrade to 1.1.1?

Green Apple
    Thanks

what a tease, i did everything by the book, ANYSIM 1.1 said PHONE IS UNLOCKED, but then at the end i still got the message
    INCORRECT SIM
    The iPhone must be used with an appropriate sim

what could be the reason??

edit: i unlocked it with fast-unlock.pxl...anysim 1.1 wasnt doing the trick so i tried the old unlocking file since i was running 1.02 and 3.XX

now my question is, since i used your write-up but used fast-unlock.pxl instead of anysim 1.1, can i update now to 1.1.1??
    Last edited by apercele79; 2007-10-26 at 08:07 AM.

MAIN GUIDE HAS BEEN UPDATED, NOW YOU CAN FIX YOUR SECZONE AND EASILY UPGRADE TO V1.1.1 WITHOUT GETTING YOUR PHONE BRICKED.
    that guide is poorly written and u mention iUnlock file but it not in the package...where do we get that? and about this guide what happens with Erica's unlock....

I have a new 1.1.1 8gb yesterday and i wanted to follow this guide...do i have to use erica's Unlock as previously was in this guide or use anySim1.1 on firmware 1.0.2?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj1965iphone View Post
    This been asked twice but no answer, I was able to pass Phase I now i'm in phase 2 and passed

cd /usr/bin
    and
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

but i'm stuck at:chmod +x bbupdater

it does not do anything, what I'm doing wrong..appreciate for any help
    also do i have to start from begining of phase 2 or I can start where i left from
    This command will allow you to execute bbupdater, otherwise you wil lreceive a 'Permission Denied' error. After doing chmod, dont expect anything to happen on the screen, just proceed to the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by apercele79 View Post
    what a tease, i did everything by the book, ANYSIM 1.1 said PHONE IS UNLOCKED, but then at the end i still got the message
    INCORRECT SIM
    The iPhone must be used with an appropriate sim

what could be the reason??

thanks
    1). Did you've your SIM inside, while using anySIM-1.1?
    2). If it still fails, then REVIRGINIZE your phone and use anySIM-1.1.p

Quote Originally Posted by khanay View Post
    that guide is poorly written and u mention iUnlock file but it not in the package...where do we get that? and about this guide what happens with Erica's unlock....

I have a new 1.1.1 8gb yesterday and i wanted to follow this guide...do i have to use erica's Unlock as previously was in this guide or use anySim1.1 on firmware 1.0.2?
    Are you suffering from dyslexia??? This guide is perfect. I've never mentioned ANYWHERE to use iUnlock! Rather, have written, that this guide fixes what anySIM/iUnlock have corrupted in the past. As time and technology has progress, so has Erica's Unlock.app got obsolete. The iPhone-Elite team has innovated new tools that does a HELL better job and keeps the phone safe from bricking.

If you've a fresh v1.1.1, then you don't need to follow this guide! There are two - three working one-click software solutions available for you to use in order for a jailbreak, activation, youtube & unlocking on a fresh v1.1.1

10/25/2007 :: If you are looking for a One-Click solution then please follow this:
    All iPhones unlocked using anySIM v1.0.2 or any other FREE software besides IPSF NEED to use the REVIRGINZER then only this solution:
    Code:
    http://www.pqdvd.com/iphone-unlock.html
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-25 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi all,

i already got an iphone working with this guide, but now i'm stuck with another iphone.
    when i do this
    11. Run iEraser by typing:
    ieraser

i got a message about the seczone... and then i see "waiting for data" and it does'nt do anything more.

how is this possible and is there a solution?
    it looks like the seczone isn't there...

kr

great .. it dose work perfectly with new 1.1.1 iPhone ..

Thanks

after this successful operation .. can I upgrade to 1.1.1 again without unlocking or deactivating the phone?

thanks again for this great tutorial ..
    Last edited by jomanjy; 2007-10-25 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

im starting to lose my mind, 2nd time it says UNLOCKED but i still get the same error message
    INCORRECT SIM, The iPhone must be used with an appropriate sim(maybe b/c i skipped phase 3??) ))

i restored and updated my phone to 1.1.1 and then started from step 1

As far as PHASE 3 is concerned, Phase 3 :: Fix your corrupt seczone, im all confused...it seems way too complicated...when i went to that devirginizing page, it says the same steps we did in step 2

so my question is, DO WE NEED PHASE 3?? after 3 days and 100 different methods of trying, i honestly give up

i think we need a GUI just for that damned PHASE 3, im scared to even try it

i'm stuck at the beginning, when i do the first command for example in MOBILE TERMINAL, Connect to your phone: ssh [email protected], i get
    zsh: command not found: ssh..obviously i used my own IP, not theirs

why is that? can't we skip phase 3 altogether?? )))
    Last edited by apercele79; 2007-10-26 at 03:29 AM.

This command will allow you to execute bbupdater, otherwise you wil lreceive a 'Permission Denied' error. After doing chmod, dont expect anything to happen on the screen, just proceed to the next step.

[/CODE]
    ReVan

Again, Im on step : chmod +x bbupdater
    it tells me no such file or directory
    What did I do wrong

Amazing Guide. I have one last question I decided not to do phase 4, and just put in my cingular SIM in, should I go ahead because I'm satisfied as it is now. Also, how do I get rid of the installer icon on the springboard, or should I leave it there.

terribly sorry if this has been asked/answered but i went through the virginize/upgrade to 1.1.1/unlock and had a functioning unlocked 1.1.1 phone.

i then downgraded to 1.0.2 using independence and ended up with a unactivated 1.0.2 phone which i then activated again with independence. when i activated it immediately found my network (rogers) and was able to make calls. i checked the about menu and i'm running 1.0.2 with modem firmware 04.01.1.3_G unlocked. which way should i go about upgrading to 1.1.1 again?

thanks for any responses or just a point in the right direction.

hey i did all the things that was needed, but once I put in my current provider's sim, it says that it is an invalid sim.... is my iphone bricked?!

Quote Originally Posted by hardreturn View Post
    terribly sorry if this has been asked/answered but i went through the virginize/upgrade to 1.1.1/unlock and had a functioning unlocked 1.1.1 phone.

i then downgraded to 1.0.2 using independence and ended up with a unactivated 1.0.2 phone which i then activated again with independence. when i activated it immediately found my network (rogers) and was able to make calls. i checked the about menu and i'm running 1.0.2 with modem firmware 04.01.1.3_G unlocked. which way should i go about upgrading to 1.1.1 again?

thanks for any responses or just a point in the right direction.
    ok. so i used the new guide from step 3 and aside from a few bumps along the way, no problems. the biggest issue i have is that i can't use anything but cyberduck to sftp in. transmit and ssh in terminal won't work. everything is still unlocked and activated though.

Default bricked
    Hi, thanks for all the instructions. My problem I have no WiFi, no IP, no IMEI no Modem.
    On the point of bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep I get the message:
    Baseband Bootloader is too old, update to 1.8 or later and try again.
    How can I fix this.

ciao camino :-)

itunes say that i should insert my sim card.. .even though i have my sim card inside... phone just say that it needs repair.. am i doom? do i need to get a new phone?

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast