Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot downgrade 1.1.1 -> 1.0.2 because of "Error 1"

Default Cannot downgrade 1.1.1 -> 1.0.2 because of "Error 1"
    I download the 1.0.2 file from Apple, put the iPhone in the proper mode, and open iTunes to restore it with the given file.

Option-click, select the file, it decompresses it but then I get the error...1.0.2 IS NOT ON THE PHONE, STILL 1.1.1

I am on a G4 Powerbook...help!

...however, if I just do a normal restore (no option click), iTunes downloads a new 1.1.1 file and restores properly....why?!?!?
    Last edited by ajizzo; 2007-10-15 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

View my guide on this forum or follow the link in my signature.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajizzo View Post
    I download the 1.0.2 file from Apple, put the iPhone in the proper mode, and open iTunes to restore it with the given file.

Option-click, select the file, it decompresses it but then I get the error...1.0.2 IS NOT ON THE PHONE, STILL 1.1.1

I am on a G4 Powerbook...help!

...however, if I just do a normal restore (no option click), iTunes downloads a new 1.1.1 file and restores properly....why?!?!?

Or I could just give you the answer...

You are entering into the wrong mode on your phone. Hold down the power and home button for 10 seconds (1 mississippi, 2 mississippi....etc) release the power button but hold the home button until iTunes recogonizes the phone in recovery mode. Your iphone screen will be blank...if you see the ipod connector and the itunes logo..u did it wrong and need to start again.

i was having the same error(1) the first 20 or 30 times i tried to go from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. i was getting the timing right, as far as i could tell, using a stopwatch, but same error. i had been option+clicking restore and choosing the 1.0.2 file that was in my itunes update library.

finally, i downloaded the 1.0.2 firmware file from somewhere else (sorry can't remember where)... same file, same name, but this time it worked! i watched it uncompress as it usually did before the error and then this time it started copying files and doing the actual restore.

the uncompress that you're watching is nothing more than the .ipsw zip file expanding.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

He still has to have the phone in the right mode and error 1 is what happens

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have the same problem guys i have unlocked the firmare 1.0.2 but later i upgrade to v 1.1.1 and when i try to downgrade to the previus firmware the iTunes say error 1. I`m a PC user what can i do, please help me.

MAn same here, at least Im not alone in this one. Hey were can I download a reliable copy other than here?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So that means that the real problem is the restore file, so where can find that file in the web?

same here please help us!!!