Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Couple of simple questions...I hope.

Default Couple of simple questions...I hope.
    I've been going around in circles on a few forums, and I can't seem to get straight answers. So, I thought, maybe my questions aren't clear enough. Hope you guys can help.

1: Is it impossible to downgrade to older firmware (1.1.4 to 1.1.3) using newer versions of iTunes, mine is 7.6?

2: The new Pwnage Tool only works on firmware 1.1.4 or higher, I know, but does it do a better job than ZiPhone? (No YouTube issue, Installer apps compatible)

3: Last but not least - Has anyone experienced the phone, not waking up once you press the home button? My screen remains black, after the phone has been sleep for an hour or so, and I have to reboot it.

Thanks in advance, for the help.

1. Yes you can, but there is no real reason to. The newer firmware versions are more stable and have more options.

2. Pwnage is a very powerful too. It basically prepares your phone to accept unsigned firmware. What does this mean? Basically a custom firmware file that contains all of your personal data, as well as all of your desired 3rd party applications. So if you ever need to, all you do is restore your custom firmware in itunes, and you have your jailbroken/unlocked/modded phone back. And it does jailbreak/unlock/activate too. This is the future tool of iphone modding.

3. I have had a similar issue, but rarely. Sometimes my phone won't wake, and I have to plug it into a power source, and then reboot it. But this happens rarely. I think it may have been an app I had installed.

Hope this helped you out a little.