Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: update a 2.5 g phone to 3g?

Default update a 2.5 g phone to 3g?
    is there any way that once the 3g phones come out that we will be able to run our phones at that speed? i have heard rumors that there might be a way to do it in the software, but i have also heard otherwise...will our phones run at faster speeds anyway because the networks will be faster?

never gonna happen. its a whole new chip set

yah its hardware sry
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe the hardware is there and they just didnt tell us about it to be dicks
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

hmmm...well, will the current phone run faster on a faster network, or will we still be in the slow lane?...i'm trying to see if i should sell my phone now and get the most for it to someone who doesn't know a newer version is coming out, or if because the network will also be updated, my current phone will be better than it is right now in the speed area, making the upgrade not as necessary...any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    thats ridiculous lol

Our Edge Iphone's will still be just that.....Iphones running on the Edge network.

Thanks

i read somewhere that all att's phone will be 3g soon.. if that's the case, and i could absolutely see that happening since a lot of their cheaper phones are 3g, won't they do away with edge?
    Tap on the Thanks button if I've helped at all..

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    Aren't there a couple of sites that took apart the iPhone? Wouldn't people have noticed a 3G chip?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

i was just kidding. but its not entirely unprecedented. They didn't tell us about the built in screenshot capabilities.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Yeah, that's true =/. But it's easier to notice a 3G chip from a disassembled iPhone than it is to notice a screenshot capability without the source code ;P.

i'm hoping that a lot of people will jump to the 3g stuff and leave the edge with less traffic and faster speeds...

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I know I won't be buying a 3G phone so quick. Money doesn't grow on trees ya know? But I will get one
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

when you buy your phone it comes with a 3G sim card already......mean anything?

Default dont waste your money just yet ..
    i see no reason to have a 3g phone... the firmware is more useful than a few bytes of speed.. online videos arent that exicting to me and esp if i cant get the ripped ones like i have on my pc...? gamming is what will test me when it comes to getting the 3g phone for its speed

Thanks

Thanks luckster. You just saved me wasting the money in my piggybank on some crappy phone!
    To live, you have to lie