Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is it true that...

Default is it true that...
    you can't use iTunes (I have 7.6) to downgrade firmware anymore, ie 1.1.4 to 1.1.3?

I know the process, gotta have the firmware file. Gotta hit alt+restore. But I'm getting an error message, and someone on another forum says:

Thats because, iTunes no longer let's you restore to an earlier firmware!

This is news to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally had problems trying to downgrade my iphone from an older itunes version. I am on 7.6 and switched to v 7.4, 7.5 and even 7.3. No dice, but when I tried with 7.6 only error 1013, the correct one. I think some tools are not compatible with itunes 7.6 such as ibrikr or independence, but 7.6 worked for me!

all u have to do is throw it into dfu mode first then it works.... not it is not true
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

DFU mode.

Could I get a concise explaination of how this is done?

You hold home and power, but do you wait for the phone to reboot before releasing power? Or, do you release power once the phone shuts off, and continue to hold home.

anyone?

anyone?

not all at once guys lol
    Last edited by iSpeed; 2008-04-06 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what u do is u shut off the phone totally... hold the home button for 3 seconds while continuing to hold it plug it into ur com while itunes is open and keep holding it till itunes recognizes that its in recovery mode
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

iSpeed (2008-04-06)

Ok, I'll give that a try