Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: bus error iEraser

  1. #1
    Exclamation bus error iEraser
    when trying to downgrade the baseband, i get the following from running iEraser:

    Got Header: 77 0b cc
    zsh: bus error ieraser
    #

    i'm using the secpack file found on this site.

    anyone else have this problem? solution?

    thanks.

    one more thing... when i tried to unlock with anysim 1.0.2, it gave me an error saying that it could not write the secpack. (i had tried the unlock after repeatedly trying to erase the secpack during the baseband downgrade process... when following the steps, i wasn't sure if it the phone needed to be unlocked with anysim or if anysim just needed to be installed with the phone locked... anyhow, i've restored back to an iPhone with 1.0.2 firmware, but with the baseband from 1.1.1... awaiting help it someone knows what's up with the iEraser bus error)
    Last edited by bajesus; 2007-10-15 at 06:23 AM. Reason: updated information

  2. #2
    yeah! i'm in the same boat as you man!!!
    hey check if your octal is 755 or 775

    what are you using MAC or PC
    (/)EMESIS

  3. #3
    did you rename secpack to JUST secpack? I had the same problem and it was because when I renamed it I only took off the .bin

    You need to take off the numbers as well so that it's named JUST secpack. Then delete the other version from ibrikr and reload the one you renamed.

  4. #4
    okay, so i solved my own problem and i'm not exactly sure how. but after the 4th or 5th factory restore to 1.0.2 and then carefully going through the downgrade process step-by-step, it FINALLY worked! it could have been the permissions settings (in the end i used 777 for all files), it could have been the secpack name, though i copied the file over exactly as given... turns out i had also been using a mish mash of files from various sources... stick with all the files that are included in the downgrade-baseband folder linked to from this site.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to bajesus For This Useful Post:

    Nemesis45 (2007-10-16)

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bajesus View Post
    okay, so i solved my own problem and i'm not exactly sure how. but after the 4th or 5th factory restore to 1.0.2 and then carefully going through the downgrade process step-by-step, it FINALLY worked! it could have been the permissions settings (in the end i used 777 for all files), it could have been the secpack name, though i copied the file over exactly as given... turns out i had also been using a mish mash of files from various sources... stick with all the files that are included in the downgrade-baseband folder linked to from this site.
    well see the thing is when i switch permission i get an error for example is i set it to 755 it get stuck on waiting for data..... and if i set it to 777 i get an bus error
    (/)EMESIS

  7. #6
    i really think the issue on the bus error is with the secpack file. after finally getting the downgrade to work the first time, i found myself having to repeat the process a few more times while trying to figure out my issues with the IMEI number and with the my stock AT&T SIM. in the end, i'm using my phone in an unlocked state with every feature intact for a 1.0.2 iPhone.

    each time i ran through the process, i made sure to set the permissions on each of the 5 relevant usr/bin files separately, whether they were executable or not.

    i'm not sure if any of this helps you Nemesis45, but other than using all the files found on this site, that's the only thing i can think of that helped me.

    good luck.

  8. #7
    you know thats what i think the problem is the secpack, etheir that or mi iPhone is curse, but i'll be very carefull with permissions thanks jesus!!! now i knoe WWJD in this case!!!

    many thnx i'll let you knoe if i succeeded.....
    (/)EMESIS

  9. #8
    iPhoneaholic ReVan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BOOTLOADER
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 526 Times in 109 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis45 View Post
    you know thats what i think the problem is the secpack, etheir that or mi iPhone is curse, but i'll be very carefull with permissions thanks jesus!!! now i knoe WWJD in this case!!!

    many thnx i'll let you knoe if i succeeded.....
    rename the secpack40xxx.bin to secpack and then upload it in /usr/bin

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

    jcsydney (2007-10-26)

  11. #9
    thanks, 777 fix my problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by bajesus View Post
    okay, so i solved my own problem and i'm not exactly sure how. but after the 4th or 5th factory restore to 1.0.2 and then carefully going through the downgrade process step-by-step, it FINALLY worked! it could have been the permissions settings (in the end i used 777 for all files), it could have been the secpack name, though i copied the file over exactly as given... turns out i had also been using a mish mash of files from various sources... stick with all the files that are included in the downgrade-baseband folder linked to from this site.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •