Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One-click Jailbreak for 1.1.1 (Windows)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Success
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    I couldn't get it to work with version 6 at all - tried with the newest alpha which can be found here

and I am now installing some good old 3rd party apps !!!

Thanks all !!
    After multiple attemts getting stuck at step 2 "reading ipod flash image" over and over again, I downloaded this new alpha version and within 15 minutes I was up and running. Everything is working great. Thank you so much for fixing this. Now I'm off to get some sleep

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iphoneaddict For This Useful Post:

SupahDave (2007-10-22)

Worked like a charm just followed step by step no problems as dave chapell would say "smooth as eggs" thanks

Anyone able to get these working ?

Lights
    FiveDice
    Customize or anything working ?

Its like they don't have permissions to run etc

this worked for me. i just left it running overnight and woke up to reset it 3 times. i did the mistake of installing summerboard again. so i just did a complete restore again and havent retried it yet. i'll probably just wait for another method.

Great work, alpha works for me, 5 and 6 did not.

Just wanted to add my confirmation that this method worked flawlessly for me as well. Seems like there a few small glitches wtih some apps not working 100% with 1.1.1, but in time i'm sure that will all be ironed out. Thanks for this very helpful post ReVan! cheers

Basically everything EXCEPT mines does NOT work on 1.1.1 ion terms of games and even bitchx etc

how big is the TIFF exploit file?

Do you think i could use EDGE to make it crash my safari!?
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    how big is the TIFF exploit file?

Do you think i could use EDGE to make it crash my safari!?
    I used Edge on all three of my iphones and it worked fine - Couldn't wait to get home to try it over wifi :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    Anyone able to get these working ?

Lights
    FiveDice
    Customize or anything working ?

Its like they don't have permissions to run etc
    All of these work for me, except I haven't even tried to install lights.

this worked for me. i just left it running overnight and woke up to reset it 3 times. i did the mistake of installing summerboard again. so i just did a complete restore again and havent retried it yet. i'll probably just wait for another method.
    All you had to do is manually install summerboard alpha and it would have fixed it without restoring it.

My dock still appears at the top of my screen, it is unusable, can anyone help me? I've uninstalled Summerboard and re-installed, this problem sucks...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsun1715 View Post
    My dock still appears at the top of my screen, it is unusable, can anyone help me? I've uninstalled Summerboard and re-installed, this problem sucks...
    A buddy of mine here at work got it working on his and my iPhones. He then installed Summerboard via Installer and had the same problem that you did. What he did was go into SMS and type the URL that crashes Safari into a text and sent it. He then ran the installation file and at step two he click on the URL in the SMS and this openned and then crasshed safair. Once the installation was complete the dock was back at the bottom of the screen and he was able to install a theme of his choice.

Good luck and hope this helps.
    <--- I'm new so don't hit me just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by prankboy973 View Post
    Ok for all those having trouble with the endless "reading ipod flash image" loop, here's what I did:

I noticed I that v0.6 was not working after 20 mins of the flash image crap, even after doing all that I was supposed to, like .NET 3.0and going to

So i exited it, and looked around for the v0.5 and downloaded that here. I ran the jailbreak.bat and waited in anticipation. It got to a few lines at the beginning

and i waited as it kept new lines of bytes being read until it had 0 left(this took only a few minutes). Then it said:

At this point I was dreading what was to come next. But after about 5 minutes it moved on to new parts of the jailbreak. It asked me to reset once, then after a minute or two it asked me to reset twice, and then it asked for my phone's IP address and then I had to put in y to add a key to my cache. After I reset once more when it was all done, I had installer on my phone! I still had to use the "For those who used the one-click guide:" to use WinSCP on my phone but it all works now.

By the way, I did it again and you definately need to go to the jailbreak website that crashes safari for this to work. I had the problem with the Summerboard dock at the top as well and I just decided to do the alpha manual install and it works. I hope this helped.
    Could you tell me how you fixed summerboard? i keep getting it on top. thanks

Default Success
    I know it has been confirmed plenty of times already but for those still nervous, I just did it myself and it worked great. Finally running 1.1.1 with apps!

Thanks to all developers!

Total noob question here:

I'm using 1.0.2 and am on ATT. I modded my phone using iBrickr a month or two ago. I'd like to upgrade to 1.1.1 and start completely fresh - I don't care if I lose all my contacts and music, I just want to clean up all these apps, random themes and stuff that I've cluttered up my phone with.

So what I should do, is go into iTunes, restore my phone, and upgrade to 1.1.1. Then resync all my contacts and music and stuff. Then follow the guide in this post in order to jailbreak my phone again, get installer.app, and start putting apps on again.

Right?

Worked absolutely perfect for me.

However I had 98+ MB free in Installer before the upgrade.

Now I I have 60+ MB.

Why?

ETA - I've now read that the 1.1 firmware takes up more space so perhaps that's the answer.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 2007-10-20 at 02:58 AM.

so does this meted acualy work and do you just update the software to 1.1.1 first with out any hacking?

Thanks -SAM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samfeine View Post
    so does this meted acualy work and do you just update the software to 1.1.1 first with out any hacking?

Thanks -SAM
    read

how long is the alpha supposed to patch ipod flash image...? its been running for about 15 minutes now on its 2775 try. do i keep letting it run over night and ittl work? or is it not suposed to be going that long

Quote Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
    how long is the alpha supposed to patch ipod flash image...? its been running for about 15 minutes now on its 2775 try. do i keep letting it run over night and ittl work? or is it not suposed to be going that long
    The entire process took me less than 15 minutes.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast