Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One-click Jailbreak for 1.1.1 (Windows)

Thanks

Before I try anything, does anyone know what you do to sync with itunes? is it like the old jailbreak where you had to putfile the Services.plist in the lockdown folder before you start up itunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok for all those having trouble with the endless "reading ipod flash image" loop, here's what I did:

I noticed I that v0.6 was not working after 20 mins of the flash image crap, even after doing all that I was supposed to, like .NET 3.0and going to
    So i exited it, and looked around for the v0.5 and downloaded that here. I ran the jailbreak.bat and waited in anticipation. It got to a few lines at the beginning
    shell: Reading script.
    File size: 314572800
    reading 33554432 bytes, 281018368 bytes remain
    and i waited as it kept new lines of bytes being read until it had 0 left(this took only a few minutes). Then it said:
    Patching fstab... This make take upto 2 minutes
    Patching iPod flash image...
    At this point I was dreading what was to come next. But after about 5 minutes it moved on to new parts of the jailbreak. It asked me to reset once, then after a minute or two it asked me to reset twice, and then it asked for my phone's IP address and then I had to put in y to add a key to my cache. After I reset once more when it was all done, I had installer on my phone! I still had to use the "For those who used the one-click guide:" to use WinSCP on my phone but it all works now.

By the way, I did it again and you definately need to go to the jailbreak website that crashes safari for this to work. I had the problem with the Summerboard dock at the top as well and I just decided to do the alpha manual install and it works. I hope this helped.
    Last edited by prankboy973; 2007-10-16 at 08:28 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prankboy973 For This Useful Post:

acidburn (2007-10-17), sogo (2007-10-16), wbeedie (2007-10-18)

Thanks

Did you do anything special with the sb alpha install? When I launch it, it hangs and then crashes.

Hey ReVan, thank you so much!!!

XP Pro
    .NET Framework 3.0
    jailbreak.toc2tra.com (visited confirmed)
    iPhone Safari crashed (it automatically closed Safari as the indication)

Note:
    Per instruction on the top post, goto jailbreak.toc2rta.com, and then run touchFree. However, on Step 1 of the touchFree process, it will ask to launch jailbreak.toc2rta.com again from your iPhone.

Is the first jailbreak.toc2rta.com necessary?
    Last edited by rperalta; 2007-10-16 at 02:26 PM.

I just wanted to know once upgraded to 1.1.1 from a 1.0.2 phone how do you launch safari to go to jailbreak.toc2rta.com if you are a non AT&T customer and only get the emergency screen? I remember seeing something where you can type some #'s on the keypad that gets you to the contacts and you go from there is that correct or when you launch touchfree it gets you to safari first??

Thanks

Thank you prankboy973, I didn't have the smbpref file set to the correct permission and pm helped!!!

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

I need to find me a 1.1.1 iphone so I can try to unlock it
     Think Different

And what version of itunes should I do this under as well? I found how to get past the emergency screen on 1.1.1 phone so that I can launch safari!

anyone??
    Last edited by alpineflip; 2007-10-17 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey Prankboy -

Did you see the line below about not being able to get a file when you used v5?

Reading 33554432 bytes, 146800640 bytes remain
    Reading 33554432 bytes, 113246208 bytes remain
    Reading 33554432 bytes, 79691776 bytes remain
    Reading 33554432 bytes, 46137344 bytes remain
    Reading 33554432 bytes, 12582912 bytes remain
    getfile: Failed to read from remote file: 12
    >> Nothing left to do. Exiting.

Thanks!

Default Worked like a champ
    Just restored my 1.02 modded phone and upgraded to 1.11. Used the 1 click v6 instructions. Smooth as silk, not a single issue. Adding back my fav apps now. Only issue, I didn't copy my photos from the camera roll so the gf is giving me grief cause i lost all her cute pics,

So does this work or not, I am hearing alot of mixed results.

Thank you so much for posting this, I was having a hell of a time. But I finally got
    it to work using my vista computer. I tried twice on 2 different XP machines. It is
    very important that you restore to 1.1.1
    Last edited by acidburn; 2007-10-17 at 05:41 AM.

It worked perfect for me. I had a hacked 1.0.2 iphone and restored it to a fresh 1.1.1 then did it.

took like 8 hours but it finally got to step 3. Just be patient and go to sleep. Leave it running and wake up to a pleasant surprise.

Problems with this procedure
    1) Home Screen is not Summerboard, it's the Trip1PogoStick, which allows for scrolling, but not real Summerboard
    2) Removing Trip1PogoStick seems to crash the iPhone and full reinstall necessary
    3) Installing Summerboard from Installer screws up the screen (interaction with Trip1PogoStick)
    4) Installer isn't the "real" Installer, many iphone applications absent. Installing "Installer" manually (ssh) resolves issue.

How can we get Summerboard working?

8 hours are you shitting me? Lol that long.

Isnt it faster to do it manually then this one click method?

I am going to try this when I get home. I will video it and post it on my site: appleiphoneschool.com

I have an 8gb that was jailbroke and modded on 1.0.2 but never unlocked. I upgraded to 1.1.1 prematurely (stupidly). I will be using an XP machine. I will use V6 GUI. If you have any other suggestions please let me know NOW!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ahhyeah For This Useful Post:

veocon (2007-10-17)

Quote Originally Posted by ahhyeah View Post
    I am going to try this when I get home. I will video it and post it on my site: appleiphoneschool.com

I have an 8gb that was jailbroke and modded on 1.0.2 but never unlocked. I upgraded to 1.1.1 prematurely (stupidly). I will be using an XP machine. I will use V6 GUI. If you have any other suggestions please let me know NOW!
    Using v6 when i get home this afternoon also, seems they key is to have a freshly restored v1.1.1 running. will post results here.

Default One Click Worked
    Ok so it worked! So far I've installed BSD and Dock and I have a confirmed screenshot! I will be editing my video and posting it sometime tonight. I will update once I try to install some things.

I synced with iTunes and had no issues at all. Completely Normal.
    Last edited by ahhyeah; 2007-10-18 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ahhyeah For This Useful Post:

gmj (2007-10-26)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey, the installer does work, you just have to download community sources. I will admit that there are a few strange placements of text while using it on 1.1.1 but it does work, though. Here's a screenshot and proof that there's all the apps and images:

As for summerboard, I tried both the installer version and trip1pogostick but they didn't work and I just decided to cut to the chase and do the manual alpha version and here's a screenshot as proof:
    Last edited by prankboy973; 2007-10-18 at 01:37 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast