Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Virgin iPhone born with FW 1.1.1 downgrade to 1.0.2, possible?

Question Virgin iPhone born with FW 1.1.1 downgrade to 1.0.2, possible?
    Hi,

I baught an iPhone on Oct. 5 that comes with FW 1.1.1. But, is it possible to downgrade my iPhone to FW 1.0.2 and unlock it using AnySim? If so, is there any "idiotproof guides" on this subject? Later when Independence and AnySim have been updated to the new FW 1.1.1, is it possible to upgrade the downgraded iPhone to 1.1.1 again and unlock it? I just want to use my iPhone right now.

Or should I wait for a proper FW 1.1.1 Activation/Unlock hack?
    How is the procedure when using iPhoneSimFree? Is it a real 1.1.1 unlock or a 1.0.2 with 1.1.1 files on it?

Sorry for my n00b questions, bare with me

- RJPA
    Last edited by rjpa; 2007-10-14 at 11:19 AM.

I downgraded my 1.1.1 virgin phone today to 1.0.2.

It worked, but I found none of the guide available covered everthing.

It seems you can hack the 1.1.1 baseband firmware, but the look of that horrified me a little. I've purchased iphonesimfree, but they haven't enabled my iemi yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

be patient, there is no all encompassing simple guide as of yet, but as more people do it and the process becomes more standardized, someone will write one
    I am the MacBook Pro

Hi,

Sitting and thinking about this:

1. Downgrade my newly baught iPhone with FW 1.1.1 and downgrade it to FW 1.0.2 (including baseband). Then UNLOCK it with iPhoneSimFree. Then upgrade to 1.1.1 again, will this keep the iPhone activated and unlocked even after the Upgrade back again?

- RJPA