Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [FIX] Recovering from Baseband flash error

Thanks

Post [FIX] Recovering from Baseband flash error
    If you tried downgrading the Baseband from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and encountered any errors, this guide will help you to recover from the problem and actually accelerate the unlocking process for you.

I encountered baseband flashing errors on 2 of my iPhones. On one of my iPhone, there was no wifi and the IMEI and ICCID were blank after a bad flash attempt. But I managed to recover both iPhones using this method.

Before beginning, you'll need to download the 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 firmware on your computer first.
    v1.0.2
    v1.1.1

1). Make Sure iPhone is off. Open iTunes (latest version)

2). Plug your phone into your PC, and as soon as the gray apple appears, press and hold both power and home buttons. Hold for exactly 10 seconds, then let go of just the power button.(If you look very closely, after about 7 seconds the screen will power down and pixelate, this is the lead in to the hidden restore state.) After about another 15 Seconds of holding down the Home button, iTunes will find your iPhone and say it needs to restore.

3). Shift - Restore and select the 1.1.1 Firmware. It won't be able to complete the restore and it will give you an error message. Just ignore and press ok.

4). Close iTunes and unplug iPhone. Repeat steps 1 to 2 again.

5). This time, Shift - Restore and select the 1.0.2 Firmware.
    The restore will take at least 10mins. There shouldn't be any errors and BOTH the firmware AND BASEBAND will be flashed to v3.14!

Congrats you just took a shortcut and recovered your badly flashed 1.1.1 iPhone into 1.0.2!
    Because of the bad flash or flash error to the baseband, iTunes will actually flash the baseband again, thus giving you a 1.0.2 baseband.

You can proceed to activate, and unlock as per normal v1.0.2. (Use Erica's Unlock.app instead of anySIM or iUnlock)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

jpmagano (2007-10-17), kokanee (2007-10-21), maxsrt (2007-10-18)

Is this only for corupt basebands and if how we accomplish this?

I read somewhere this would be like a full restore and get rid of any damaged caused by (anySim).

Thanks,
    Niko

i wonder.. can we just use this method to downgrade from a ATT 1.1.1 phone to 1.0.2 and then unlock with anysim?

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    i wonder.. can we just use this method to downgrade from a ATT 1.1.1 phone to 1.0.2 and then unlock with anysim?
    Yes but the baseband will still stay at 4.....

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    If you tried downgrading the Baseband from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and encountered any errors, this guide will help you to recover from the problem and actually accelerate the unlocking process for you.
    Has anyone done this on purpose?

Niko

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

er, about 15 times now

even after doing this i still get incorrect sim

i dont understand...im a legit at&t customer

Quote Originally Posted by liontos View Post
    Is this only for corupt basebands and if how we accomplish this?

I read somewhere this would be like a full restore and get rid of any damaged caused by (anySim).

Thanks,
    Niko
    This doesn't repair the seczone/nvram corruption, just allows you to unlock again and have a working phone. Wait for the dev team tool to repair the damage done by the old unlock methods.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amnesia For This Useful Post:

liontos (2007-10-17)

Quote Originally Posted by k0mpresd View Post
    even after doing this i still get incorrect sim

i dont understand...im a legit at&t customer
    whats your baseband(4.0) or (3.14) cause if is 4.0 theres the problem i'm also a ATT cust. but i get incorrect SIM also......
    (/)EMESIS

Hey ReVan's - thanks for posting this. I, in my infinite impatience decided on upgrading from AnySim unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and got a little messed up along the way Spent a few hours trying to downgrade again using a few methods and this guide.

kokanee

Thanks

So this works? I'm praying it does, otherwise, I will scream the house down, my bb is totally screwed

Hi, i tried the above method because i had corrupted baseband problems from a previous attemp to activate and unlock, after trying this all i got in the second stage was an error 1012 whilst restore does this mean even if i activate again the baseband will still be corrupted ie no imei ect ect, many thanks , dean.

Thanks, it worked for me.

Found this thread and going to try and use it as the solution for the problem I posted in http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19922

still doesn't work! error 1013 in itunes. getting so sick of this!!!
    thanks.