Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major iPhone Problem, Need Urgent Help.

Default Major iPhone Problem, Need Urgent Help.
    Ok, so ive had my iphone since day 1. Unlocked on 1.0.2, went to 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and now im having the problems...

Im currently on 1.1.3..

My problems are this:

1. Wi-Fi is grayed out (yes ive used ziphone and it hasnt changed a thing)
    2. When the iPhones on sleep, phone calls dont come through, but when unlocked it says "Missed Call" and 'apparently' i missed the call at the time i unlock it.
    3. When Wi-Fi is grayed out i cant reicive the calls, it never rings throught but leave a "missed call"

I need help. I think ill need to virginize it, all back to its origioal state and work from their?

Anyway to do so? Or any tips...please

What's Jailbreak? MasterXXXShake's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya know, I would probably just refurb it with ZiPhone then restore to 1.1.4. After that either PWN it or ZiPhone it. My buddy had a bunch of similar probs with his and that's all we did.

Is there a reason you are sticking on 1.1.3?

Refurb it with ZiPhone? How do i do that? (Never mind, erase bb hehe)

I unlocked it and all with ZiPhone 3.0 etc etc.

No real reason, may update too 1.1.4 :P
    Last edited by Dell; 2008-04-05 at 03:49 AM.

What's Jailbreak? MasterXXXShake's Avatar
    Thanks

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MasterXXXShake View Post
    good luck
    I'll let you know how i go, probably wont be good but yea...

pwnage tool can fix your baseband. The dev team even made a stand alone tool to fix your problem. You can find it at iPhone-dev.org
    Last edited by wine_guy; 2008-04-05 at 09:15 AM.

1.1.3 sucked anyway, get rid of it

use the pwnage tool and use the bootnNeuter application to fix baseband. Its amazing and will fix any problems with wifi/no service

where do i get the bootloaders from?

I did everything with ZiPhone and wifi works, but no service now.....

Have a look at the iphone dev site.

http://iphone-dev.org/

Down the bottom of the screen you will see links to WiFi fix.

Good luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow your phone is a sassy *****! slap it then say work! nah haha just DFU it with ziphone and shift click restore to 1.1.4 on itunes and then ziphone it again..

It Is What It Is...

I have have managed to fix a phone with the brocken wifi. It was an unusual behavior, the phone was overheating and was freezing the software. Wifi was there, but it couldn't find any network, as well as bluetooth did. It's a very similar to the grayed wifi, repair needed problem. I end up doing a couple of 1.1.4 restores and even though it was freezing at the end, I left for hours to cool down. When it finally started up, cool, I run iLiberty+, (reflash wifi, jailbreak, activate and unlock) and everything completed successfully, after long time. Finally, I restored again 1.1.4 and run iLiberty+ after, without reflashing wifi this time. It works perfectly now!

Quote Originally Posted by rikos View Post
    I have have managed to fix a phone with the brocken wifi. It was an unusual behavior, the phone was overheating and was freezing the software. Wifi was there, but it couldn't find any network, as well as bluetooth did. It's a very similar to the grayed wifi, repair needed problem. I end up doing a couple of 1.1.4 restores and even though it was freezing at the end, I left for hours to cool down. When it finally started up, cool, I run iLiberty+, (reflash wifi, jailbreak, activate and unlock) and everything completed successfully, after long time. Finally, I restored again 1.1.4 and run iLiberty+ after, without reflashing wifi this time. It works perfectly now!
    Awesome well ill try that. Thankyou.

Now to fix my no signal problem....I need to downgrade from 04.05.01_G to the 1.1.4 one.....or unlock the 2.0 fw....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Refurbish with Ziphone... OR you can do a complete restore again...

back to the good old method restarting the phone in complete recovery (all data being wiped off)... then use itunes to restore a firmware you like (shift +click restore)... then after restoring it, use ibrickr to reboot your phone (if it doesn't go to activation screen), then switch the phone off and enter recovery (disconnect phone, press home while connect and remain pressing), use ziphone to unlock (well at least i did it this way and didn't cause a problem...) If you don't like this method, well use pwnage to unlock your phone but if you're using windows you'll have to wait till pwnage windows version comes out.

There are tonnes of method in youtube using ziphone. I used to like ziphone but pwnage is coming out I'm definitely up to unlocking my iphone using pwnage... for the new 2.0...

well i want to downgrade my bb....i cant do it without wifi i hear.