Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need a bit of advice

Default Need a bit of advice
    Iwould like to buy a iPhone, maybe like this one
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Apple-Cert...em320235635230
    I just want to know- when they release SDK and the new firmware to enable it, will it work on my iPhone? Will my iPhone get bricked? Can I reset it so that I can use the new firmware? I don't want to end up with an iBrick, or an expensive phone I cannot upgrade and play Super Monkey Ball on!
    Thanks
    Last edited by thestrangestick; 2008-04-05 at 12:40 AM.

You will never brick an iphone by upgrading official firmware updates. And all genuine apple iphones will be compatible with the new upcoming firmware. The new firmware has actually been leaked and many people are running it on their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    You will never brick an iphone by upgrading official firmware updates. And all genuine apple iphones will be compatible with the new upcoming firmware. The new firmware has actually been leaked and many people are running it on their phones.
    Sorry, what I wrote wasn't very clear - I meant if I bought an iPhone that has been unlocked and jailbroken, if I try and update won't I have an iBrick? Is there a way to avoid this by downgrading to old firmware and relocking it, so you can 'virginize' your phone so apple don't think it;'s been tampered with?

Don't worry, you will be able to update to the newer firmwares. It won't brick the phone. But you will have to jailbreak and unlock again after upgrading the firmware, which is pretty easy to do these days.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wine_guy For This Useful Post:

thestrangestick (2008-04-05)

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    Don't worry, you will be able to update to the newer firmwares. It won't brick the phone. But you will have to jailbreak and unlock again after upgrading the firmware, which is pretty easy to do these days.
    Thank you!
    *adds thanks* (as in the thanks button)