Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do I really need a screen protecter for my iPhone 4

Question Do I really need a screen protecter for my iPhone 4
    I think that my screen protecter is messing with my touch screen but do i really need a screen protecter anyway? If i do what's the best screen protector?

Default screen protectors?
    -mirror-blue-faceplate-screen-off.jpgAll about personal choice, what YOU like and what you don't...
    I use to be against screen protectors but the screen gets scuffs and scratches so easily I finally broke down and now I use them. First I used the Apple ones from the store but I found them to peel off pretty easily, especially since I am also against bumpers and cases. I currently use Ghost Armor and personally like it. At certain angles it has some "orange peel" / texture but when you are using the phone I don't even notice it.
    Honestly you just have to try some and see what you like... Maybe you like none?
    I have Ghost Armor on my Blue phone and you can barely see it, check out the pic above.

Thanks

If a scratch is something that would bother you, I would use a screen protector. I have ZAGG invisibleSHIELDs on all my products just to be safe. Me personally, like screen protectors for a very weird reason. I like air bubbles I try to make an air bubble around the home button, the earpiece and on the left side. When I install them perfectly, I take it off and try too get those three air bubbles... Weird, right?
    Last edited by iJasonTATE; 2011-08-30 at 09:21 PM.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I've owned 4 iPhones and never used a screen protector. I always have some sort of case though if I drop it the screen never touches the ground. To date I've never broken a screen or scratched it. I think I'm the exception though.

I like air bubles ALSO! What screen protecter does the most air bubbles?

Thanks

YAY! I'm not the only one I've found that the cheap ones you can get from eBay/Amazon produce bubbles. But I prefer the ZAGG because I can pretty much make the bubbles in the positions I want.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

You just suck at putting them on then

+1
    I find it's best to install them in the bathroom after running the hot shower. The steam gets the dust out of the air

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    You just suck at putting them on then
    Obviously not because I am able to control my bubble placement and only have those three on my iPhone. My iPad and an invisibleSHIELD installed perfectly.

@Broomhead Never thought of doing that! Great idea.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Quote Originally Posted by iJasonTATE View Post
    Obviously not because I am able to control my bubble placement and only have those three on my iPhone. My iPad and an invisibleSHIELD installed perfectly.

@Broomhead Never thought of doing that! Great idea.
    See that where you are wrong you have full control of the situation I have put on hundreds now and never get a bubble so it is a user error

Thanks

But I'm doing it on purpose and I get them in the precise spot every time
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Purposely getting bubbles???? that makes perfect sense

Thanks

It's personal preference. I'm allowed to like something that someone else doesn't like. I happen to like air bubbles! I also like putting a scratch on the rear of each of my devices so if they get stolen, I can identify them. That's just how I like to do things.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Your a weird cat

Thanks

I'm fine with that. I'm just me.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm just curious ... Why would you want air bubbles? I always have mine perfect: bubble-less and aligned. Can't stand the bubbles on the screen and can't stand if the cutouts don't line up to the home button.

Thanks

Just a PERSONAL preference. I don't know, I don't like things to look perfect.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

I have literally but on millions and never had one person say to me can you leave a bubble in it?

Thanks

Well you haven't had me ask you. I don't see the big deal. I'm being attacked for something I like.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Not being attacked. It just sounds sorta ridiculous its sorta like saying I like having holes in my wall. Then saying I like the holes placed a certain way that's why they are there. Secondly how do you make bubbles appear in a certain place?for bubble to stay that means you have to place little peices of dirt in certain places if the screen was clean the bubbles will work then selves out with normal use and getting slid in and out of a
    Pocket

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast