Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncing movies to the iPhone...

Default Syncing movies to the iPhone...
    I have some movies and video clips that I'd like to put on my iPhone but don't know how to do it. I tried through syncing movies in iTunes but no clue if it's actually on the iPhone and how to play it.

Thanks in advance.
    -Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo View Post
    I have some movies and video clips that I'd like to put on my iPhone but don't know how to do it. I tried through syncing movies in iTunes but no clue if it's actually on the iPhone and how to play it.

Thanks in advance.
    First you need to add the folder they are in to iTunes (Launch iTunes, go to menu File > Add File to Library to import target movie from output folder into iTunes. Or just drag and drop the movie into iTunes.)

You also need to make sure they meet these specs:

Video Format: MP4, MOV, M4V
    Video Size: up to 640x480
    Video Framerate: up to 30fps
    Video Bitrate: up to 1.5Mbps for H.264, or 2.5Mbps for MPEG-4
    Audio: AAC up to 160Kbps, 48kHz

once you sync, open the ipod on the phone and there will be a videos option at the bottom. if they are there you can just select them and they will start playing.

Geeve

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

If they are not in the right format you can try a program like handbrake to convert them so that they will play on your iPhone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    If they are not in the right format you can try a program like handbrake to convert them so that they will play on your iPhone.
    Or you could use something like the OPlayer App and transfer your videos directly onto you iPhone via the Apps Tab in iTunes.