Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vwallpaper freezes my ipod 2G

Default Vwallpaper freezes my ipod 2G
    Hi,
    Can someone help me? Vwallpaper freezes on my ipod and when I turn off vwallpaper it works very good?
    Thanks,

Cool Same
    A couple weeks after I installed vWallpaper my springboard just froze mid page switch (prior to this i had been switching around a lot of wallpapers and experimenting with sources). I was pissed because the same thing happened to my brother and he ended up resetting his entire ipod w/ itunes. I was determined not to do this - since I was almost certain vWallpaper caused the problem, I used the openSSH/winSCP combo and deleted all of vWallpaper's info from my iPod. I then rebooted and re jailbroke w/ blackra1n (i'm tethered), and everything has worked fine. This happened a matter of minutes ago so fingers crossed that it stays this way. I think i'm done with vWallpaper, at least for now. Not worth the hassle.

I agree... I am not recommending Vwallpaper to anyone at this time. I have a 3gs 3.1.2 and downloaded Vwallpaper. Everything was fine until I added a repo theapplesause.robteller.com/vwallpapers/listvideos.plist thru the Vwallpaper option and now my Vwallpaper kicks me out to the home screen everytime I select it and now I cannot access Vwallpaper. Everytime I select it it never goes to the set up screen.
    The weird part is,.. I deleted Vwallpaper & Skrew thru ifiles but yet my iphone still acts as if I am using Vwallpaper (ex: the themes that I select thru winterboard will not work)

If anyone can help me it would be GREATLY appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You will have to delete vwallpaper and skrew via cydia NOT ifile. Everything should be ok after that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canuck1983 For This Useful Post:

badrocker7 (2010-05-13), jeffglenellen (2010-05-03)

You probably delete only the vwallpaper you still have to delete another package call screw vwallwaper look under packages install and find it and them delete it go back to normal