Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaadu / touchpad HELP!! THANK YOU!!!

Default Jaadu / touchpad HELP!! THANK YOU!!!
    Ok i downloaded Jaadu from the app store. It works great when I am on my own network within the range of my wireless router. However, it says that I am able to access my computer from anywhere around the world. Whenever I go outside of the range of my router, the connection disappears from the iphone app.

I am pretty sure I need to download a program on my MAC in order to get access from anywhere, but I have no idea how to do that and I cant find anything online to help me out.

If anyone knows how to do this, I would be forever thankful... I would benefit so much from being able to have access from my computer from anywhere.

thanks,

Keith

Thanks

I haven't tried jaadu yet, but the instructions shouldn't have changed between it and touchpad pro.
    Touchpad Pro: Touchpad Pro > Setup > Connect From Anywhere

_>+
    Last edited by zlinger; 2008-12-05 at 09:46 AM.

You can download Jaadu Connect HERE which is an automatic setup program that works pretty well. Or you can do it the manual way, INSTRUCTIONS HERE. Which involves setting static IP's and port forwarding. I personally prefer the manual way as I have seen a lot less connectivity issues, but if you are not comfortable with the port forwarding and IP issues go the Jaadu Connect route. Or feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Try the automatic Jaadu Connect first, personally I think I had to go the manual route because I have five PC's and three Mac's on my network all running Jaadu VNC servers and the port forwarding was too complicated for the Jaadu Connect utility.

iPhone? More like MyPhone i pimping's Avatar
    Thanks

i set up a free acc with noip.com and put the address i made up in settings works fine