Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather widget = none working hold and answer button

Default Weather widget = none working hold and answer button
    I haven't had a hold and answer button for 2 weeks... been driving me nuts. I turn the weather widget off and the button started working again. any ideas?
    Edit:
    OK i just also tried the ignore button it also does not work.
    Last edited by persichini; 2008-09-19 at 02:36 PM.
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

i have weather and it is working great no button problem. Maybe it is linked ot something else. What FW are you ? and 3g phone ?

I'm on a 2g 2.1(problem also existed on 2.02)
    If i turn the weather widget off the button works again.
    wonder if its a setting in my weather widget. could you post yours, and i'll see if yours works?

Edit i was on the http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopi...330750#p330750 forum and download one of theres...

which still has the problem but it added the weather to the lockscreen. when i call the phone the weather layer came up over the top of the hold answer and ignore... is it possable that when i try to click on the button i'm clicking on the weather layer?

i've tried it with and with out weather on the lock screen as well.
    Last edited by persichini; 2008-09-19 at 02:59 PM.
    www.martinisgifts.com

persichni,

This may not help at all, but what other themes do you have activated in Winterboard?
    I have noticed on my 2G (2.02) if I have certain UI themes on, my in call options screen doesn' let me interact. for example, if I am on the phone and another call comes in, I see the pop up that says 'hold call and answer', 'ignore call' etc .. but none of the options take effect when pressed. I have to end my current call to be able to answer the other call. So IWas thinking maybe it's not the weather widget, but maybe a theme or something else you're using in Winterboard.

Sorry if it doesn't help you solve your problem.

ok just tested that... turned off all themes except weather widget...still no responce from hold and answer button or ignore button.

Edit:
    I have also tested both weather servers and a couple different pre set lay outs... all had same resault none working buttons
    Last edited by persichini; 2008-09-19 at 03:12 PM.
    www.martinisgifts.com

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Mine Works Great!

still no one with anything helpfull?
    www.martinisgifts.com

i don't know what the problem is, but i would suggest deleting the weatherwidget.theme folder and downloading wbapp from cydia... it comes with the weather widget, a bunch of layouts and its super easy to set up your zip code without having to ssh into your phone

That one does the same thing... I just redownloaded wbapp and tried still will not let me click the buttons. I have also tried this on 2.02 and 2.1 even after a phone wipe upgrade still no luck
    www.martinisgifts.com

Did you use any of the early 2.1 quickpwned methods? If so, try the newest pwned version and make your own firmware. Do not preload anything, keep it simple and basic.
    Good luck

i used the os x version of pwnd, then i reinstalled 2.1 non custom and used quickpwn the one with the GUI, both had same resualts..

both times the only options i picked was unlock, activate, delete bootnuter, no custom boots, cyndia, no installer, and i think thats all...

What do you mean by don't preload? preload any apps? does cyndia count?

here is a screen shot of whats its doing
    Last edited by persichini; 2008-10-15 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    www.martinisgifts.com

uhmm... what do you have installed? i don't mean app's off the appstore, but apps off cydia. Do you have any other widgets going ?

this is driving me nuts as well even with weather widget disabled the ignore , hold and answer buttons don't respond just he red hangup call and answer at the bottom works !!!!!!!11

well I disable the weather widget in wbapp , and then in winterboard aswell and now it works
    Last edited by chunkd; 2008-10-15 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by feelinggetsold View Post
    uhmm... what do you have installed? i don't mean app's off the appstore, but apps off cydia. Do you have any other widgets going ?
    I have added my widget you want to test it and see if the widget is the issue or my phone?

I have no other widgets going... only a battery theme, icon theme, sounds, theme. i have turned them all off and still have the issue.

this is everything listed under MANAGE in Cydia
    backgrounder
    bigboss's source (repositories)
    bossprefs
    categories
    cydia community sources
    cydia installer
    extended Predferences (add yesterday didn't work before i installed)
    five icon dock (just uninstalled still doesn't work)
    insomnia (just uninstalled still doesn't work)
    iphone firmware (don't have a clue what this is)
    ispazio (repositories)
    mobile substrate
    modmyi.com (repositories)
    Notifier
    openSSH
    Saurik's Source
    Ste's Source
    swapBT
    TMobile Carrier Logos (just uninstalled still doesn't work)
    TZones hack
    WifiToggle
    Winterboard
    ZodTTD's Source
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by persichini; 2008-10-16 at 01:59 PM.
    www.martinisgifts.com

I have the same issue.

iPhone 3g with 2.1 quickpwned.
    I'm using weather widget, as soon as I disable that I can answer calls again.
    Using the new Katra weather widget which looks awesome by the way..
    to bad it blocks me from using the hold call and answer buttons.

Did anyone ever find out a solution to this?

yes there is only one solution... dont use weatherwidget... i can't find anyone anywhere with a reason or even anyone will to try and help.
    www.martinisgifts.com

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    yes there is only one solution... dont use weatherwidget... i can't find anyone anywhere with a reason or even anyone will to try and help.
    Hi Persichini,

I just realized I have the same problem you reported. I don't use the hold button very often, so I have been using weather widgets for a while without realizing the issue. You probably have done many tests and I guess you can give me some guidance. So, I have three things going on in my iPhone that may likely interfere with the hold button. One is a lock screen weather widget as the one you show in a picture in the thread. I assume that one creates problems. I also have a WbApp weather widget that displays the weather only on the status bar but not in the lock screen. Does this one create problems too for the hold button? Finally, I also installed the Lock Screen Dock that lets you launch Mail, Phone, SMS, and Calendar from the lock screen. Does this one create problems to the hold button?

Thanks a lot
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

I do not have the lock screen dock installed on my phone so i can't say, the weather widget does cause this problem on lock screen and the home screen. If weather widget is running regardless of where it will cause this issue.

The reason it doesn't work is from what I can tell is the weather widget creates a new layer as if you were making a picture in Photoshop well when you on the top layer "WEATHER WIGET" and you get an incoming call the call button layer gets displayed behind the weather widget.

Now I have asked before how to set a layer depth or layer arrangement to push the weather layer back but no one seems to know how.

I have tested this after a fresh restore with the only thing being installed is winterboard and weather widget. So its not a conflict of two programs. unless its a conflict between weather widget and winterboard.

Sorry i couldn't be much help.
    www.martinisgifts.com

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    The reason it doesn't work is from what I can tell is the weather widget creates a new layer as if you were making a picture in Photoshop well when you on the top layer "WEATHER WIGET" and you get an incoming call the call button layer gets displayed behind the weather widget.
    wait a minute, now i am a bit confused. I thought you had problems only with the hold+answer button, that is, you are talking to somebody and you have another call and want to answer the new call while holding the first call (which is my problem). From what you are saying here, I have the impression you have problems even answering the first phone call. Is that true? Because I don't have that problem. And indeed, the layer explanation, it seems to me, should apply not only to hold+answer button but also to the answer and ignore button of any incoming call (and even the speaker button, and the other 'phone-related' buttons). Can you explain a bit better? thanks

EDIT: BTW, I looked back at the thread and your picture, and in my case the weather widget does not display on top of the 'ignore' and 'hold+answer' buttons, as in your case, but it still does not work. However, the red button 'hang up and answer' (or something like that) does work. This is quite a mystery. Incidentally, I noticed that most people in the thread mention only the WbApp weather widget. Did you try turn it that one off but keeping the lock screen forecast weather widget? That's actually more useful than the WbApp weather widget
    Last edited by marcoiac; 2008-11-05 at 02:51 PM.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

I am having the same issue I just tested it out, I only have a weather widget installed on the home screen not the lock screen and the Ignore and hold to answer button dont work but the bottom red button end current call and answer does work, hummm this needs to be addressed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast