Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-pwning my iphone for custom boot image

Default Re-pwning my iphone for custom boot image
    noob here.

i pwned my iphone 2g to 2.0.1 with the pwnage tool last night. i used the simple mode instead of advanced mode.

having can't stand the pineapple boot logo, if i want to redo the pwnage in advanced mode to create a new ipsw, do i need to repwn it with the pwnage tool, or just do a restore in itunes with the new custom ipsw with new startup image?

thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Create a new ipsw file with your custom boot images... DFU (just to be safe) restore in iTunes with your new firmware file.

Just create another custom ipsw with the boot logos you want and then restore with the new firmware you made.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

^ thanks.

But my question is, do i have to do a dfu restore using the pwnage tool, or can I just do a regular restore using itunes to locate the new custom ipsw?

thanks in advance for clarifying.

Dfu
    Dirty as I wanna be!

I am also a noob to this boot image thing, how do I change the boot image?

search for boot image on here and google and you will find some good tutorials (much better than anything I can say).

As far as the re-pwning goes, the correct answer is: recovery mode!!! Not dfu. I reran the pwnage tool in advanced mode inserting my new boot image. After it made the custom ipsw, it asked if my phone has been pwned. It had, so it then said to close the pwnage tool, then get the iphone into recovery mode, then update it via itunes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kjhawkm For This Useful Post:

shortsleeves (2008-09-01)