Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fading Backgrounds in WinterBoard - YEAH!!!

Wink Fading Backgrounds in WinterBoard - YEAH!!!
    O.k. I was very happy with Winterboard, finally a way to change the drab icons/background in 2.0. (Thanks Saurik! You Rock!)

So when I updated the app yesterday I loaded up Saurik's theme and noticed that the background faded out into another and decided to check that out right away cause I kinda like nifty mods. Do you?

By altering the Wallpaper.html a bit, I was able to make my own fading backgrounds in my favorite theme (fresh) I hope the theme author will pardon my modding his work, it was just to experiment this concept.

(I made this gif faster than my real dissolving background cause we got no time to waste here!)

When I decided to go overboard and make more than the 2 cycling backgrounds however, the whole UI started to get slower so I was content to going back to 2 dissolving backgrounds.

I'm sure some HTML-savy dudes here are going to start impressing the rest of us very soon!

The implication of having HTML as a wallpaper are inspiring with endless MODDING possibilities! Here we go!

Cheers!

Sonar in Montreal

PS: If someone knows how to disable icon labels in Winterboard let me know! Thanks

PS #2: Oups wrong section, my first ever post and I mess it up!... Maybe some cool MODERATOR will kindly move my post at the right spot (news?) before people start the "kill the messenger" thing!

Edit Poseidon: Moved.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-08-06 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Cause I want to!

I didnt realize the wallpapers were HTML, I always thought they were just a png.? How, exactly, does the HTML wallpaper work?

is this a jailbreak thing or something i can get off the appstore?

i thought this section was for official apps from the app store as its called AppStore App Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by travace View Post
    i thought this section was for official apps from the app store as its called appstore app discussion.
    read!...

Quote Originally Posted by sonarmtl View Post
    ps #2: Oups wrong section, my first ever post and i mess it up!... Maybe some cool moderator will kindly move my post at the right spot (news?) before people start the "kill the messenger" thing!

Default Where?
    Please tell us where the "wallpaper.html" file is? Thank!

there are problems with this method!

1 they keep on fading in other apps. the JavaScript doesn't know when winterboard is actually displayed.
    2 when I wrote one that showed 8 images, fading to each other, my processor went up to 59% (AND STAYED THERE)

BOTTOM LINE
    html & JavaScript makes a very cool back ground wallpaper, but too much processor will EAT your battery!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

+1... where is the *.html wallpaper... do you just name the file "wallpaper.html" cuz i changed my wallpaper manually with winterboard but i named my file with the *.png extension

to find a file that was mentioned on MMI, you can ssh into your iPhone (as root)
    and enter this command:
    find /|grep -i wallpaper.html

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

I just tried it, pretty cool, but caused some noticeable but not unbearable lag. It also seemed to oddly replace my StatusBarBG with a solid black one
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

could you post your html code. plz. and ty

I have modified the pictures of the default saurik, so it wasnt a "plant" or "rock"
    and modified the timing at which the picture changes, but other than that im kinda lost when it comes to scripts.

id love one with more than 2 picture inputs. (like yours)

Edit: your wallpaper.html is what im looking for. Btw.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicX View Post
    could you post your html code. plz. and ty

I have modified the pictures of the default saurik, so it wasnt a "plant" or "rock"
    and modified the timing at which the picture changes, but other than that im kinda lost when it comes to scripts.

id love one with more than 2 picture inputs. (like yours)

Edit: your wallpaper.html is what im looking for. Btw.
    shoot me the images and the timer value... I'll whip it together!

I've been thinking about more fun wallpaper.html ideas... but until then, OK

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by jakecigar View Post
    shoot me the images and the timer value... I'll whip it together!

I've been thinking about more fun wallpaper.html ideas... but until then, OK

what do you use to mess with the html?
    i am trying to make more pictures to fade on my background but don't know how to make that html file

I don't mess. I create my own!

check out this thread http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...st1778851.html

(at the bottom)
    I posted 2 of my animated png solutions!

I shelved the whole project when I realized that ANY animation EATS lots of processor on the iPhone.

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jakecigar For This Useful Post:

spittips101 (2008-08-19)