Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone as a professional music recorder!

Default iPhone as a professional music recorder!
    Hello!
    Imagine a future version of iPhone, or iTouch, with incorporated Microphone input minijack?
    It would multiply enormously the applications for these devices!
    - Professional recorder if a good microphone is plugged in.
    - It would be the only ultra-compact recorder for musicians. With an appropriate software it could be converted even into multi-track recorder!
    - DJ could plug an external "music source" and, with an appropriate software use the device as DJ Desk!

I would like to open this new discussion subject in order to collect different opinions concerning this topic.

Participate!

well the mic input is there

its on the headphone jack so if you were willing to butcher your headset and solder a new female jack onto the mic wire/wires and discard the speaker ones the technology is there then its just writing a program

Default It is not the same...
    It is not to the same to use the output channel as an input channel. It not straight forward! I am talking about a standard and a professional solution...

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

You can use it as a voice recorder, with the ringtone converter app... It has a record funtion granted it's not high end, but if you are talking that then the iPhone dose not really have the space (even at 16gigs) for a full out multi track recorder... Example:
    I just converted a 3.5 second MP3 file to 192000Hz x 32bit its size is 5.3mb.. To compair:
    the same file in MP3 is only 6.01kb.. So yea, you could record two or maybe three average length songs, but not whole album.. At least not in a format you can save as a multi-track.....