Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with modding theme...

Default Need help with modding theme...
    Hi, i'm new to the modding process. Need some help on modding the theme on the iphone. I'm having trouble changing the dock and the background. After i start up Iphoneinterface, then i enter in the directory, but it keeps showing 'NOT FOUND'. So i'm stuck on this part...Please help..thanks

These are the instructions i'm following.

Step 1
    The following process is CASE SENSITIVE, meaning that you need to follow the uppercase and lowercase of the directories and file names.
    In this simple step you will create a dock, a dock is merely an image which sits at the lower third of your home screen, it is normally home to your phone, mail, internet, ipod icons. Normal docks have a width of 320px and a height of 91px. I would stick to those measurements in the begining.
    1. get an dock graphic, there are many ways to do this, you can make your own or download one from the many from our fabulous members of MMi, either way it should be around 320px x 91px.
    2. save graphic as SBDockBG2.png and interlaced and save it in the Cphonedmg folder
    3. start iphoneinterface
    4. type: cd /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    5. type: putfile /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png
    6. type: quit
    7. restart your phone (hold the power button until the red slider appears and slide to turn off, turn on the phone by pressing the power button)

Just like installing an icon, your dock is done and behind your icons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try rmdir /System/Libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png (enter) putfile SBDockBG2.png just as its shown. Maybe that will help. Oh and make sure the SBDockBG2.png is in the SpringBoard folder... Hope that helps. Im hella new to this all...

or you can use Manzana go into the folder delete the stock one and drag the new one in its place it worked for me and its alot easier

could be more specific on where it says "NO FOUND" during what step does this show up, and is it after you type in a command?