Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For the Photoshop Illiterate...

Default For the Photoshop Illiterate...
    Is there any way that one of you Photoshopping geniuses could help those of us who are graphically challenged? I am having a horrible time getting a background onto my i. I couldn't get it, now I have it, but only half way... ugh. So anyways, I suppose this is a request for a small step-by-step tutorial on what to do when a Photoshop Retard (like me) is trying to make and install a background. (Also, some more specifics on DisplayOrder.plist; what to do and when and why.)

I'm not in a hurry at all, just a request You guys are great, but I am coming to the conclusion that background is an issue quite a few have. We would all appreciate your knowledge and kindness!

Thank you in advance on behalf of all of us who can't Photoshop and/or follow your already great instructions!

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I got something for ya in a few days on the skinning side, but as far as DisplayOrder.plist goes, check this page.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

good deal, thank you! It has taken me hours on end to create the onnly image that I have done so far, and I have no idea how I finally got it done I was so tired...

Thanks

Photoshop is powerful. But it can take years to master.

Much like The Force.

Poetic, could you give me a hint on PS. When i try to reduce a img to about 40x20 pixel for the carrier logo it gets all distorted /pixelated, almost impossible to recognize, even if i use text and try to make it small enough to fit in that size. Am i doing (or not) anything wrong before i resize it? Thanks a lot...

Thanks

If you have a detailed image, resizing to that small won't work very well. What image are you trying to resize, or is it just text?

Thanks

:: pf edit :: come on, no warez on our boards. ::edit::

I tryed a simple linux penguin, and it looked like a big (small) BLUR, and when i try to write anyting it gets really Blurred...
    here the way i am doing/trying:
    Photoshop 7
    new - 65 by 20 pixels, rgb color, contents transparent
    I try text (arial) and reduce it to 4pt it gets all blurred.... It is driving me insane...... Even the mac and cheese box that somebody resized in the carrier logo posts look better than my stupid text.... Thanks for your help btw.....

thank god i'm not the only one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drethedog View Post
    I tryed a simple linux penguin, and it looked like a big (small) BLUR, and when i try to write anyting it gets really Blurred...
    here the way i am doing/trying:
    Photoshop 7
    new - 65 by 20 pixels, rgb color, contents transparent
    I try text (arial) and reduce it to 4pt it gets all blurred.... It is driving me insane...... Even the mac and cheese box that somebody resized in the carrier logo posts look better than my stupid text.... Thanks for your help btw.....
    for photoshop your source image is key, if the resolution on your source image is < 300 its gonna look like a blur. the larger the image size can help detail in the end result so look for large images. try to find images that are wider than tall that will also help it fill the max size of the box. text images are easy because they always normally go left to right and are wider than taller so they look okay. For more text photoshop help please refer to my forum post here