Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Background and Icons

Default Background and Icons
    I changed out all of my icons, and assumed that changing the background all I would do is upload the proper .png file and that would be that.

I'm reading a lot about cutouts and going into adobe and pasting the icons on the background. Is that only to reorder them? I'm not sure exactly what the difference is and why all these steps need to be taken.

What will happen if I just put the background in without making any of the mods in adobe?

I am also having some issues with background. I am not a good photoshopper and would LOVE the steps to use in photoshop to get my stuff working! I'm watching this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by sspunisher View Post
    I changed out all of my icons, and assumed that changing the background all I would do is upload the proper .png file and that would be that.

I'm reading a lot about cutouts and going into adobe and pasting the icons on the background. Is that only to reorder them? I'm not sure exactly what the difference is and why all these steps need to be taken.

What will happen if I just put the background in without making any of the mods in adobe?
    if you change your icons, meaning replacing the phone icon with another one. you will lose ALL of those changes if you place down a background. Currently, a background is only a LARGE icon, that we replace to create the background for the whole phone. for example, preferences icon, we will stretch that icon to fill the screen and effectively create a background. There are a few ways to do this, and if you look around there are guides everywhere.

You cannot make a background without doing something in photoshop or some image editing software. unless of course you get a kit premade like the ones in our download section.

To reorder your icons you would edit the displayorder.plist

Currently there is no one image that controls the black background behind the icons on your home screen. or one that we know of :P

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arthursdomain For This Useful Post:

busta4002 (2007-08-04)