Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help changing the springboard please!

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Help changing the springboard please!
    Hello, I just started modding my iPhone and its alot more fun than modding my old iPod. So far I've uploaded 11 ringtones to the thing and I've been wnating to try more.

I wish to move the mail app into the springboard and have the field test app display alongside it. I've been following the steps here numerous times to no avail. What would be stopping the modification from taking place? Suggestions?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

The SpringBoard is the whole homepage. What exactly are you trying to do?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

I had wanted to move the mail app out of the button bar and expose the field test app. Additionally I wanted to turn my battery charging icons blue. I've followed the instructions to the letter on Windows XP but nothing happens.. :/

lets start with the mail icon and field test icon, if you have editted the DisplayOrder.plist , could you post your DisplayOrder.plist

if you have the icons for the battery charger then all you would need to do is.
    1. move those icons into the phonedmg folder hopefully located in cphonedmg
    2. start iphoneinterface (making sure your phone is docked and itunes is closed)
    3. type: cd /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    4. type: putfile /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/BatteryBG_1.png
    and so on for i think 7 or something, then do the same for BatteryFill.png
    5. turn your phone completely off, but holding the power button for a few seconds until you see the red slider to turn off, then slide
    6. wait a few seconds then power back on.

BatteryBG_#.png/BatteryFill.png - These files will change the display of your large battery icon when syncing or charging. BatteryBG_# goes from 2-17.

fuckin a. im haing the same problem. i actually think its the iphoneinterface app tho... the pc's still have 0.3.1, and apparently it dont work as well in that version as it does in the 0.3.3... but thats only on macs.

what the hell. im trying to skin this damned thing and this happens. "fileref=1" comes up whenever i try to do
    "putfile DisplayOrder.plist". and ideas how to fix this?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

fileref=1 is okay =0 is bad

no more profanity please

Thanks

Yes I've modified the DisplayOrder file and uploaded the battery files accordingly, shut down the phone and all but things remain unchanged. Could this be due to the iPhoneinterface version? It is 0.3.1 ---

BTW: DisplayOrder is a .plist in my phonedmg folder, I only switched it to txt for the upload.

EDIT: The battery instructions DID work!!!! YAY! Thank you so much!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AKA_Ben; 2007-07-29 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGates30 View Post
    fuckin a. im haing the same problem. i actually think its the iphoneinterface app tho... the pc's still have 0.3.1, and apparently it dont work as well in that version as it does in the 0.3.3... but thats only on macs.

what the hell. im trying to skin this damned thing and this happens. "fileref=1" comes up whenever i try to do
    "putfile DisplayOrder.plist". and ideas how to fix this?
    if your just typing "putfile DisplayOrder.plist" then thats your problem, type out the full path then DisplayOrder.plist

putfile /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

9. The Following User Says Thank You to arthursdomain For This Useful Post:

AKA_Ben (2007-07-29)

Thanks

Thank you! That was my problem as well :P

Although I've run into a new problem. The mod was sucessful but now when I try to interface with iphone I get this error message.

"Problem starting AFC: -402653150"

I know AFC is the service that places files...how did I wreck that without messing up everything else?

from what ive read AFC = bad and possibly a restore. if you havent already, try loading manzana and running it here
    if that fails you probably will need to do a restore from itunes. next time you start the process after you first intially break open your iphone (after jailbreak then iphoneinterface 'for the first time') put services.plist back into the lockdown directory, (reboot) then open iphoneinterface again. also make sure itunes is completely closed when ever using iphoneinterface.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Yup. AFC error most likely means you didn't put the modified Services.plist back on the phone to relock it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews