Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: oh no! I can't change my BG back to black!

Default oh no! I can't change my BG back to black!
    Does anyone know where the default black BG for the springboard is located in the filesystem? Somehow I messed something up and can't get it off of black. Ugh.

What's happening is for some reason it is only taking on the LockBackground.jpg image usually used for the wallpaper when the phone is locked as the main Springboard BG image.

And for some reason I can't get Summerboard 1.12 to uninstall from Installer.app, so the new 1.1.1 version won't work for me either...

I'm not into crazy backgrounds on my springboard, I just want black. Is there a way for me to replace the default image on the springboard with all black or do I need to disable something that is enabling the BG image to appear?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by korymatthew; 2007-10-15 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I ran into this prob before. What I did was use the camera to take a picture. just like cover the lens and you'll have a perfectly black picture. then I used that as the wallpaper. lol Lame I know but hey it worked when I needed it.

Yeah, i just placed a black background in my photo library and am using it as my wallpaper, but this doesn't help the fact that I can't have a normal lock screen image...ugh. The price you pay I suppose...thanks

slide the "theme wallpaper" slider in SBprefs to off. it shouldn't theme the springboard wallpaper anymore.

My SummerBoard is actually hanging up on the background screen and then crashing and won't let me uninstall it. I keep getting the error:

Error: Error during uninstalll script execution!

And I have no idea how to remedy that to do a fresh install of the 1.1.1 alpha.