Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hard Disk Space Low Message.....Pl Help !!!!

Default Hard Disk Space Low Message.....Pl Help !!!!
    I have 8 GB iphone and out of that 6.6 Gb is shown as available when I check from Settings.

Still when i install any app. from Installer, after the installtion is complete, I get this message ... "You have a Low Hard Disk Space ..Please delete some photos or video"

Can any one please let me know whats wrong and What do i do about it? (I dont know whether it helps, but I have downloaded 15-20 wallpapers from the Wallpaper app.)

Please help and guide me .... Thanks very much
    Last edited by amins123; 2008-04-04 at 05:36 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

It doesn't mean anything. Its just letting you know that you're getting quite full.
    This message always comes up when you upgrade too, but usually goes away.
    If you keep getting the message just delete some large programs that you dont use much

3. The Following User Says Thank You to britcan For This Useful Post:

amins123 (2008-04-04)

Your phone has two partitions 1 where the os/firmware is installed and the other (6.6gb part) where all your media goes. Your apps are saved to the latter, you need to download bosstool from installer and select the options to relocate fonts and ringtones and that should free up enough space for you to install additional apps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ipirate For This Useful Post:

amins123 (2008-04-04)

Default Thanks !!
    Quote Originally Posted by ipirate View Post
    Your phone has two partitions 1 where the os/firmware is installed and the other (6.6gb part) where all your media goes. Your apps are saved to the latter, you need to download bosstool from installer and select the options to relocate fonts and ringtones and that should free up enough space for you to install additional apps.

But does that mean my first partition (OS & Firmware one) is almost full?? I have installed quite a custom ringtones. Will it help if I remove some of them instead of using bosstool. Thanks again

No its better to use bosstool trust me. It may help by removing the ringtones but why not have your cake and eat it too. Oh and yes it means the os part. is alm full

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ipirate For This Useful Post:

amins123 (2008-04-04)

Default Thanks ipirate
    Quote Originally Posted by ipirate View Post
    No its better to use bosstool trust me. It may help by removing the ringtones but why not have your cake and eat it too. Oh and yes it means the os part. is alm full
    Thanks buddy. As per your advice I have installed bosstool (surprisingly it did not give me HDD Low Msg) However, seeing the warning message I am really scared in moving ringtones. Do you really think I should go ahead without any problem?? One more thing bosstool shows my Free space as 17MB in first partition.

Thanks....I have successfully moved ringtones, fonts and applications. Now bosstool shows free space as 131 mb. BTW, is there any way to undo this? Please let me know. AND A BIG THANKS !!!!!
    Last edited by amins123; 2008-04-04 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think theres a way to undo this and really no need. its much better to save apps to the big partition.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

amins123 (2008-04-04)

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    i dont think theres a way to undo this and really no need. its much better to save apps to the big partition.
    thanks...what will happen when I next time install an application or transfer a custom ringtone...will it go to the larger partition??
    Last edited by amins123; 2008-04-04 at 11:36 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amins123 View Post
    thanks...what will happen when I next time install an application or transfer a custom ringtone...will it go to the larger partition??
    It will go the larger partition. bosstool does nothing more than create a symbolic link (unix speak) from the smaller partition to the larger one. It is like an alias in mac os x.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to macfloripa For This Useful Post:

amins123 (2008-04-05)

Default Thanks All You Guys
    I really thank all you guys for your help and guidance..