Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! I guess I bricked my iPhone!!

Default Help! I guess I bricked my iPhone!!
    Hello guys!!

I was just trying to update and unlock my iPhone, since I was using a 1.1.2 with a stealthsim but, it was giving me a lot of problems, so I tried to unlock it with iLiberty+ for Windows, and after I selected the unlock option (after downgrade the baseband), the iPhone started to display a lot of characters, and got an endless loop of this message:
    BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 and, after that, I cannot do anything!!!, except turn off and on

Can anyone help me???

Thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are stuff stuff in and infinite of "BSD root: md0, major 2" you can put it in recovery mode by plugging into you pc/mac and turning it off. Once it is of turn it back on and while still holding the Sleep/Wake "On" button press and hold the home button. Hold both buttons for a few second and the recovery mode screen should appear. If and when it does release both buttons. At that point iTunes should ask you to restore your iPod. Restore it.

When the restore is done you can use the newest version of ziphone (found at ziphone.org ZiPhone 2.6b) to jailbreak your iPod.

hope this helps.

If you need more help check out http://www.oscot.com/apple/how-to-ma...ork-again.html

[email protected]
    Thanks,

Timbo

I accidently got mine into an endless loop and then a complete brick mode, this is one of the things i tried that finally worked;
    Have you tried holding down the power key and home key together, and when it shuts off keep your finger on the home key until the phone turns on into recovery mode. If it does, run iBrick to prepare it again for recovery/upgrade.
    I have been through many upgrade/downgrade problems and now have finally got a system working well.
    I use ziphone at the moment to unlock it very quickly, unlike the old days.

Believe me you will get it to work again, if not this method, we can try something else.

Default It is working...
    Thank you Timbo!!

Now I stopped the loop, and I am restoring my iPhone to 1.1.4 with iTunes. However, you recommend I use Ziphone in order to Jailbreak; is better than iLiberty to do that? I am new in this, and would like my iPhone unlocked; can I do this with ziphone?

Thanks again,

Ivan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ivanud For This Useful Post:

timbo (2008-04-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Be sure to use ziphone 2.6b NOT 3.0
    Thanks,

Timbo

Thank you Folks for your help.

Now I've got my iPhone alive again and updated to 1.1.4.

Your advice has been very useful and appreciated.

Have a great day, Modmyifone guys!!!

Thanks

yeah ziphone is a lot better, iliberty for windows atleast made my iphone never save anything.. if i moved icons and then reset my iphone they would be back to normal after..

but hey i used ziphone 3.0 whats wrong with it? whys 2.6 better?