Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This Is BS!!!!!

Default This Is BS!!!!!
    Over the weekend it asked to do the 114 update, and I allowed it. Now, the normal ear speaker doesn't work, and the speakerhone on operates some sounds. The ringtone gets played, but thats it. The new message tone...NOTHING. I have to speaker to be able to talk. I did a setting restore...didn't do ****. Anyone help? I would try the earphone jack, but that doesn't explain why ringtone comes through the speaker, and not the message tones.

I'm the ****. Here's a simple fix people...for my situation anyway. I haven't used the phone without earphones since the update. Odd how the ringtone would play through the big speaker, but not the message tones. This is where I get a little smarter and try to redeem myself from my first cry for help. Take a toothpick...NOTHING METALLIC and just do a little probing/tapping in the headphone jack. Don't pry anything. It worked. I thought my headphones were still plugged in. If you know how headphones make a connection, you know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by JetBote; 2008-04-01 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Coworker of mine had the exact same problem. Ended up the phone though the headphones were still plugged in. Plugged them in a few times and it solved the problem too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

I had something like this happen to me yesterday. I didnt have any sound from anything. I could make calls but it when my friends would answer I couldnt hear anything, but they could hear me. so I turned it off and turned it back on several times, still didnt work. so when I got home, I did a full restore, I used ziphone to activate and jailbreak it again and everything was fine.