Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do you download?

Default how do you download?
    on this site you can DL stuff, apps etc... but how do I get those on my phone if im downloading it from my computer??

Well, you can try SSHing..i tihnk your talking about iBrickr..correct? If so, you need to actually have the program and use it to get the apps.

ok thank you, would you by chance know what app it is to where you can change what your phone says? example change the AT&T to whatever you wanna say, and all the other words like when people call?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

To change your carrier logo to a custom one you need Make It Mine from erica sudan. To edit strings (like the words "slide to answer call" or "slide to unlock") you need customize. You can also use customize to change the carrier logo to a different picture. In order for that to work you need to change the carrier text in Make It Mine to "iPod", then you can use customize to change the carrier picture.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

If you aren't comfortable using SSH, you can always use iPhoneBrowser, it doesn't require a WI-FI connection, just start the app, plug your phone in using the USB cable, and drag the files to where you want them. <- this is if you are running windows.

There is another tool for Mac called "AFPd", you will need to install this on your iPhone using Installer. What will happen when you plug your phone into the USB cable on the mac, you will be able to drag and drop files to your iPhone using Finder.

These two options are pretty easy to do compared to doing wi-fi, that is if you get tired of having to turn on Wi-Fi on your phone, finding your IP and starting WinSCP (Windows) or CyberDuck(Mac). I run a mac and prefer using CyberDuck, but when I am at work i use iPhoneBrowser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules5 View Post
    If you aren't comfortable using SSH, you can always use iPhoneBrowser, it doesn't require a WI-FI connection, just start the app, plug your phone in using the USB cable, and drag the files to where you want them. <- this is if you are running windows.

There is another tool for Mac called "AFPd", you will need to install this on your iPhone using Installer. What will happen when you plug your phone into the USB cable on the mac, you will be able to drag and drop files to your iPhone using Finder.

These two options are pretty easy to do compared to doing wi-fi, that is if you get tired of having to turn on Wi-Fi on your phone, finding your IP and starting WinSCP (Windows) or CyberDuck(Mac). I run a mac and prefer using CyberDuck, but when I am at work i use iPhoneBrowser.
    My question would be, how do you know where to SSH it TO? For instance, I downloaded a dialer, a theme and an app, but these all go in different places dont they? I know where a theme goes, but its not always obvious to me what "ssh it to your iphone" really means.

TIA,

John

SSH stands for Secure Shell. It is similiar to using FTP but in a more secure fashion. As for the location of what you are downloading for the most part these are the generic places for

Applications (anything that ends with .app) : /Applications
    Themes: /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    Customize: /var/root/Library/Customize/ under the Customize directory you will see tons of directories for different things. The fold names are closely related to what they will replace.

I hope this helps you out a little more. However, if you install most of your applications,themes, and such from Installer it will take care of placing these items in the correct location.

If your on a mac you can use ifuntastic but if your on windows you can use ibrickr