Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! Iphone either takes a long time...

Thanks

Default HELP!! Iphone either takes a long time...
    Hi Guys,

Just to check with you. I recently upgrade my iphone to 1.1.4, unlocked, jailbroken and installed AppSupport Patch (1.1.4) & Region Patch (1.1.4) and i realized it is impossible to open my sms.

Whenever i click it, i will go to the sms screen as though it is loading the sms but after about 1 min or so, it will juz crash and go back to the main screen. I can only open the sms pages either manually (going to contacts, click send text messages and it opens (but it still takes damn long to load)) any idea whats up?

Anyway to solve this issue as i use the text messages quite often.

All advice is appreciated!
    ......i........ph...o.......ne.......

I have had the same problem with my SMS crashing quite regularly. I have done a lot of research and have figured out how to fix it temporarily. If you SSH into your phone and go to /Private/var/mobile/library/SMS and delete the sms.db file you will temp fix the crashing. this file will automatically be created again when you open up SMS. You can also install MobileFinder.app and get to this file from your phone as opposed to a computer. Apparently SMS crashes when it receives a bad SMS but mine seems to do it whether I have any messages or not. By deleting this file you do lose all your messages so its a good idea to back it up first.
    Hope this helps!