Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smart Playlists not Syncing Properly

Default Smart Playlists not Syncing Properly
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    None of my Smart Playlists are syncing properly (normal playlists sync fine).

It DOES sync to the number of songs I want.

However:
    Recently Added just puts on the first 100 songs in alphabetical order by artist.
    Recently Played appears to work fine.
    Most Often is totally random.

THE WEIRDEST PART:
    In iTunes, when i click "Brandon's iPhone" and click the playlists, it shows the proper songs. They just don't list properly inside the phone.

Can anyone help? I think what is happening is the Smart Playlists are going by my phone's history and not iTunes. is there anyway to switch this? I'm particularly concerned about "Recently Added" as it does not at all reflect songs I have recently added to the phone or iTunes.
    Last edited by brand1130; 2007-10-10 at 10:43 PM.

None of my Smart Playlists are syncing properly (normal playlists sync fine).

It DOES sync to the number of songs I want.

However:
    Recently Added just puts on the first 100 songs in alphabetical order by artist.
    Recently Played appears to work fine.
    Most Often is totally random.

THE WEIRDEST PART:
    In iTunes, when i click "Brandon's iPhone" and click the playlists, it shows the proper songs. They just don't list properly inside the phone.

I'm seeing exactly the same thing on my touch iPod. It has been driving me nuts ever since updating to 1.1.1. (Maybe before that and I just didn't notice.)

I have not figured out a workaround beyond doing a select-all in the smart playlist, making a non-smart playlist from the selection, then syncing that (non-smart) playlist instead.

someone help!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm also having this problem. EDIT: To fix it just edit it the smartlist to include; Playlist is Music and it works
    Last edited by Jay316; 2008-06-21 at 03:38 PM.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone