Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone AT&T sim card problem

Default Iphone AT&T sim card problem
    Hello have an Iphone and the sound has completely stopped working. I've been through all the sound failing forums but never fixed my problem.

So I've decided to complely virginze/restore myunlocked Iphone and take to apple with a 10$ prepaid sim card. The problem is I can't get the sim card to work....

The store clerk said all I have to do is pop the sim card into an AT&T cell phone and dial 611 then enter the number he gave me for my minutes.....

When I put the sim in the Iphone I get no signal so cannot dial 611

What can I do???
    Do I need to do something special to get it to work in the Iphone?

Pleas help guys
    Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-03-30 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What exactly did you do when you say you virginized/restored. It sounds like a baseband issue to me. I would use ziphone to "refurbish" then RESTORE again in itunes to 1.1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What exactly did you do when you say you virginized/restored. It sounds like a baseband issue to me. I would use ziphone to "refurbish" then RESTORE again in itunes to 1.1.4.
    yea i tried that and ended up on the emergency call screen. But i still have no signal so i cannot dial 611 and activate my simcard. What can I do?

I really need some advice

someone please help me
    Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-04-01 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost