Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.1 now its a 1.1.4

Default iPhone 1.1.1 now its a 1.1.4
    hello all. i just got an iphone from my brother in law. it was already unlocked which i at the time didnt comprehend.

i didnt like all the crap he had on it so i decided to restore it on itunes. it gets locked and updated. thanks to iliberty i unlocked somehow on my own, instead of paying some guy i found on craiglist.
    what is the downfall now that i got a 1.1.4 firmware? and is there anyway i can go back to 1.1.1??
    at the moment my safari sucks. what do i do??
    any help is greatly appreciated..

i definately am a noob on all this, and its very exciting. i really like my iphone.
    please help...

Firmware 1.1.4 is better than FW1.1.1. I don't see why you would want to go back to an older version.

Also, what "sucks" with Safari at this point?

EDIT:

Also, yes there is a way to go back. I can find you the steps if you want, I have them written down somewhere.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanB For This Useful Post:

JUNKYARD00 (2008-03-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    Firmware 1.1.4 is better than FW1.1.1. I don't see why you would want to go back to an older version.

EDIT:

Also, yes there is a way to go back. I can find you the steps if you want, I have them written down somewhere.
    QFT!!

Also look on youtube! There are tons of videos on how to downgrade 1.1.4, but I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiyo For This Useful Post:

JUNKYARD00 (2008-03-30)

Here's how I personally downgraded, and other people confirmed that it worked for them also:

"Okay I did it. For those wondering, follow this tutorial,

http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-down...1.1.2-or-1.1.3

works for 1.1.4. Basically with 1.1.4 installed, boot it in Recovery mode with ZiPhone. Shift-Restore in iTunes the 1.1.3 FW. You get the 1015 error. Run AppTapp (Choose whatever firmware doesn't matter). You get an error but now you can access the activation screen. Use ZiPhone to Unlock/Jailbreak/Activate."

In your case you Shift-Restore the FW1.1.1. I believe. If there's something you don't understand in my post, visit the link I'm pointing to, it's mandatory and it should help clear things. Be sure to update us!

EDIT: Maybe you won't be able to downgrade to 1.1.1, so do it to 1.1.3 and then go from here: http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-down...1.1.2-or-1.1.3

But anyway, it's a long and tiring process to downgrade a 1.1.4 phone, when you shouldn't even do it, unless you really have to.

EDIT2: I just realized I linked you to the same ******* link lol. Well just try with 1.1.1 if you really have to and report back.
    Last edited by IvanB; 2008-03-30 at 05:43 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanB For This Useful Post:

JUNKYARD00 (2008-03-30)

EDIT:

well when im web browsing, i cant touch the sites i go to. also on my installer has several known issues; free space check/display is missing;refreshes may hang for a long time if a server does not respond;more info pages do not scale;no safari plugin yet...
    any idea what i need to install exactly??

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKYARD00 View Post
    well when im web browsing, i cant touch the sites i go to. also on my installer has several known issues; free space check/display is missing;refreshes may hang for a long time if a server does not respond;more info pages do not scale;no safari plugin yet...
    any idea what i need to install exactly??
    Actually those issues you're enumerating for Installer are just notes from the developers of Installer themselves, I think. Everybody sees this message, doesn't mean there's something wrong with the program itself.

As for Safari, that's really weird. The screen stops responding when you start browsing? You should search around the forums, maybe someone has had a similar issue before.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanB For This Useful Post:

JUNKYARD00 (2008-03-30)

Here's how I personally downgraded, and other people confirmed that it worked for them also:

"Okay I did it. For those wondering, follow this tutorial,

http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-down...1.1.2-or-1.1.3

works for 1.1.4. Basically with 1.1.4 installed, boot it in Recovery mode with ZiPhone. Shift-Restore in iTunes the 1.1.3 FW. You get the 1015 error. Run AppTapp (Choose whatever firmware doesn't matter). You get an error but now you can access the activation screen. Use ZiPhone to Unlock/Jailbreak/Activate."

In your case you Shift-Restore the FW1.1.1. I believe. If there's something you don't understand in my post, visit the link I'm pointing to, it's mandatory and it should help clear things. Be sure to update us!

EDIT: Maybe you won't be able to downgrade to 1.1.1, so do it to 1.1.3 and then go from here: http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-down...1.1.2-or-1.1.3

But anyway, it's a long and tiring process to downgrade a 1.1.4 phone, when you shouldn't even do it, unless you really have to.
    umm that really seems like a long and dangerous process for me. i cant afford another iphone. what do i need to do to get a safari plugin? ive got bsd subsystem 2.1;installer vers. 3.01;summerboard3.2 and community sources vers. 3.7;
    thats what shows on my uninstall of installer.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKYARD00 View Post
    umm that really seems like a long and dangerous process for me. i cant afford another iphone. what do i need to do to get a safari plugin? ive got bsd subsystem 2.1;installer vers. 3.01;summerboard3.2 and community sources vers. 3.7;
    thats what shows on my uninstall of installer.
    I'm not sure of what safari plugin you're talking about, but what you have installed it the perfect base to install a great variety of plugins, just not sure which one you have in mind..

EDIT: Could you describe exactly what is the problem with Safari?
    Last edited by IvanB; 2008-03-30 at 05:58 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanB For This Useful Post:

JUNKYARD00 (2008-03-30)

I'm not sure of what safari plugin you're talking about, but what you have installed it the perfect base to install a great variety of plugins, just not sure which one you have in mind..

EDIT: Could you describe exactly what is the problem with Safari?
    for example when i go to my clublexus forum from my bookmarks icant even login because it wont touch into the link.
    does that make sense? lol. thank you for your patient IvanB

Oh my God.

First of all, 1.1.4 is better than 1.1.1 in every way. There's no need to downgrade at all.
    1.1.4 is much faster, and more capable in every department.

Secondly, Your Safari Sucks? Hmm.
    Hold the Home button and Lock button for about 8 seconds and the phone will reset ( you won't lose any data ) and when it turns on Safari will probably work. If not, restore it again. If all else fails, you're probably just using safari wrong. Double tap to zoom in, you have to be quite precise when clicking on links. Pinch in and out to zoom aswel.

Oh, and those issues for installer; everybody has them.. It's a global thing, it's just letting us know what Installer is known to not have yet.

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫