Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Funny thing happened to my iphone

Default Funny thing happened to my iphone
    So earlier today i was writing a check and pulled my phone out to check the date (i can never remember what day it is) and the phone was completely shut down. I thought to myself thats odd, seeing that like 10 min b4 that it was on. So i tried to turn it on and nothing. Hmmm i thought, not good. So b4 i panicked because ive had to restore so many times im kinda use to a glitch in the phone i sat there and played with the on/off switch at the top at the phone for like 5 min. Then out of the blue i get the little silver apple icon.

But then 10 sec's later i got a bunch of horizontal white lines across my screen and the silver apple icon flashed a couple times and then more lines then i came on. Working fine now.

Just thought it was kinda weird. Has this ever happen to anyone else? im running 1.1.3 Jailbroken Ziphone like 2.4 or 2.3 or something (not 2.5).

-P

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yeah i've seen the white lines a few times, specifically after i installed caterpillar. i think it has to do with applications that make changes to your phone's system...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I've seen it a time or two. Unless it becomes a frequent problem don't worry about it.

it happen to me in 1.1.1

that happens to my phone every time i restart, but only lasts for 2 seconds. Doesn;t bother me lol

Yeah the white lines dont bother me either. Hell sometimes ive got a rainbow of little dots. The fact my phone just shuts down for 5 min and i cant turn it back on bothers me.

Thanks

Happen to me when i had iAnts(Little ats all over the screen)
    EDM

the only app that killed my phone was caterpillar. never again will i try that crap.

Ye, have happened before with ants and caterpillar!! ants are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    the only app that killed my phone was caterpillar. never again will i try that crap.
    Ditto. Screw that program.

Yeah that happened quite a lot with me. Especially when I had iAnts. The screen would flash with white lines and ants would craw around like crazy in loops. I restored just to get rid of it... quite annoying and unattractive. I would suggest staying away from Caterpillar and iAnts, as they seem to be the apps that cause this problem

Thanks

No kidding Greg
    EDM

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Off topic: did you really let everyone behind you in line to wait till u write ur check until u find out the date?

On topic: happens to me only when i reboot (hold home button and sleep/wake for 10 secs)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah, caterpillar caused my iPhone to have the white lines too...

It screwed it up bad, i was pissed...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    Off topic: did you really let everyone behind you in line to wait till u write ur check until u find out the date?
    LOL nahhh i was at work when it happened

Running 1.1.4. Ive seen these lines
    I press Thanks