Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant restore

Default Cant restore
    help my 1.14 iphone started lagingi and other so i tryed to restore and iTunes everytime gives me error what to do?????? pls i`m very stressed how to restore?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Try putting the phone in DFU restore mode before connecting to iTunes. To do this either use ziphone or iLiberty or just do it manually:

Manual DFU: Hold power and home until the phone powers off. Let go of the power button but continue to hold the home button and plus into iTunes. After 10-15 seconds iTunes will detect the phone in recovery mode and let you restore. (The screen on the phone should stay off - if the phone powers on with an iTunes and arrow this is regular restore mode and you will have to start over)

ok i putted in DFU mode with ziphone then tines recognized iphone in recovery mode i pressed "restore" itnunes restored software then was "verifing iphone software" then "restoring iphone frimwire" and all process stopped. after 5 mins itunes gave error "unknown error 1011"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Make sure you are running the most up to date iTunes. If not then update.. if so then uninstall and reinstall. Then re-boot your computer and try restoring again.

iTunes 7.6.1.9 i am trying to restore iphone all week i reboted my cpu about 10 times and still nothing.. :/

also if i try tu refrubish with ziphone it says downgrading bootloader to 3.9 then bla bla bla hm... this is bad
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt... and so looong...
    Last edited by dream3ris; 2008-03-28 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dream3ris View Post
    iTunes 7.6.1.9 i am trying to restore iphone all week i reboted my cpu about 10 times and still nothing.. :/

also if i try tu refrubish with ziphone it says downgrading bootloader to 3.9 then bla bla bla hm... this is bad
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt...
    Atempt... and so looong...
    Might be bad firmware.

Just try installing everything fresh. Fresh iTunes, fresh firmware (from download section).

Make sure you are in DFU mode. It's hard to decipher between restore and DFU mode at first. DFU mode, phone is completely black (off) and iTunes recognizes your phone as needing to be restored.

I like to do it manually. The way I do it that works pretty much everytime: Have iTunes open; with phone on, hold power button and home button down for 10 seconds, after 10 seconds, let go of the power button. At this point the phone should have turned off and gone black. Around another 10 seconds or so, iTunes will make a noise and say it's recognized the phone needing to be restored.

Make sure you are clicking shift+restore on iTunes then choose firmware.

If you get the error again, open up ziphone and click on boot in normal mode. Phone should power up, if not, start all over again.

I've had this happen before when I've unlocked a friends phone.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 2008-03-28 at 09:17 PM.

it didnt helpped :/ so now my iphone is a brick?

No, keep trying. Follow the steps carefully. I don't even think bricking an iphone is even possible unless you mess with the bootloader itself, which I doubt you did. Or if you fried it, which i also doubt you did.

Just keep trying.