Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should it loose WiFi when sleeping

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Should it loose WiFi when sleeping
    I have noticed that my iPhone looses WiFi connectivity to my network once it times out, or goes into sleep mode.

I have tried several times to SSH via winSCP into the phone but I get a error message.

I have to wake the phone up, (1.1.4) and go into Settings | Network to refresh, or wake it up.

It takes a minute, or 2 which isn't a biggie but when it was 1.1.3 it never lost connection.

It was my understanding that once I choose a network and it connects that it would remain connected to the network since it is plugged into my computer for power so battery is not an issue.

Is there a setting that will keep it connected?

Thanks

try johntool or better still insomnia, should be in installer!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it is supposed to disconnect from wifi when the phone goes to sleep so it doesn't eat up too much battery. as mentioned above, insomnia.app, once activated/on, will keep the connection alive

Turn auto lock to never and install and use insomnia when you turn the screen off

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I have insomnia.app 'switched to "on" but it still times out, or off.
    I plug into my phone into the computer to sync and or charge, and leave it there until I want to go out or need it.
    Whenever I need check something or change permissions or whatever, I usually SSH via winSCP as needed.
    Not that its that big a deal the phone is across the room, and most of the time I need to go over and awaken it up or I get a error unable to connect message when SSHíng.
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2008-03-29 at 01:55 AM.