Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Email won't setup

Default Email won't setup
    Hello-

Can someone please tell me why my email won't setup. I tried a different address and it works, I change my password still won't work. Also how do I remove my ringtones deleting it. I tried removing from fugu on my macbook and still won't work.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

You're probably doing it wrong because you seem to be having trouble hitting the correct forum.

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

to get your email accounts to work you must set them up before you jailbreak this always works for me and i use Ziphone the newest version each time they release one and i am on 1.1.4 just restore your fone to knew set up the accounts then jailbreak

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realtimedeath View Post
    to get your email accounts to work you must set them up before you jailbreak this always works for me and i use Ziphone the newest version each time they release one and i am on 1.1.4 just restore your fone to knew set up the accounts then jailbreak
    that doesn't make any sense, to me. if OP doesn't have a valid ATT iPhone plan to activate the phone, he/she wont' even get past the activation screen to set up anything.

what type of account are you trying to set up that it's not allowing you to? and what type of error message are you getting?

I'm trying to setup my new AT&T email account and I keep getting error "The connection to the server "pop.att.yahoo.com" failed and I'm using apple instructions here
    Apple - Support - iPhone - Mail Helper
    anyone got any ideas plz?