Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore error

Default Restore error
    Just got my iphone today, however when I try and restore the firmware it comes up with an error saying it could not restore.

The restore screen doesnt have a yellow triangle. It has a pictures of a usb lead and itunes symbol

any suggestions.

Windows PC
    Last edited by chris5252; 2007-10-08 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks

At the moment it's not possible to jailbreak phones with 1.1.1 firmware, and thus not possible to unlock them. If you have 1.1.1 firmware and want to activate and jailbreak it in order to install third party applications, here is how:

1. Download the iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw from Apple.
    2. Connect phone to dock, and hold down home button and power button for about 10 seconds until phone turns off.
    3. When it turns off, release the power button, but continue holding the home button. After about 10 seconds the computer will detect the iphone in restore mode, and itunes should tell that the phone needs to be restored.
    4. Hold down SHIFT-key (Windows) or OPTION/ALT-key (Mac) when clicking the Restore button, and select the file you downloaded previously.
    5. Let the restore complete and ignore the error at the end. Now your phone should show a rectangle, but don't worry about it.
    6. Run AppTap (or iNdependence) to jailbreak your phone - it will fix it even though you get errors.

The OS firmware is now 1.0.2. But in order to unlock it, you need to downgrade the baseband firmware also, which does not seem to be possible at the moment. A few people claim it worked for them though, so if you want to try on your own risk, click here to show the instructions:

Baseband downgrade instructions (apparently not working)

* Use Installer application to install Terminal and BSD Subsystem (or BinKit) on your phone
    * Download the 03.14.08 baseband firmware (files renamed to 314)
    * Upload the three files to /usr/bin/ (using iBrickr for instance).
    * From the Terminal application on your phone run the following commands:
    Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    chmod +x bbupdater
    launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    bbupdater -f 314.fls -e 314.eep
    launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    * If you get error, try restarting your phone, and then try again.
    * When done, restarting your phone, and go to Settings → General → Modem Firmware to confirm it's 03.14.08_G
    * If it was 03.14.08_G, You can proceed to unlock your phone

The iphone was bought 2 weeks ago. So you think the phone came with version 1.1.1?? im stuck in recovery mode is there any way to check the firmware version??

Thanks

If you see a "Yellow Triangle" in recovery mode then it's v1.0.2
    If you see a white usb ipod data cable and a iTunes logo in recovery mode then it's v1.1.1

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

aziatiklover (2007-10-08)

So my iphone came with 1.1.1!?

so I cant unlock it whatsoever?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    If you see a "Yellow Triangle" in recovery mode then it's v1.0.2
    If you see a white usb ipod data cable and a iTunes logo in recovery mode then it's v1.1.1
    nice I didn't know about that thanx

Quote Originally Posted by chris5252 View Post
    So my iphone came with 1.1.1!?

so I cant unlock it whatsoever?
    not yet just be patient
    Last edited by aziatiklover; 2007-10-08 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
     Think Different

Hi
    noob here......quick ???? I loaded new dialpad for my iphone n now it appears whenever i go to voicemail, same dialpad on both screens help me please.