Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! iPhone not accessilble via iTunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default HELP! iPhone not accessilble via iTunes
    my iPhone: unlocked,jailbroken etc.,

1.1.1 (3a109a) firmware
    04.04.05_G bootloader

my pc: running winXP

So here's my problem:

i connect my iPhone to my PC via dock

my PC recognizes that i have connected an iPhone
    my pictures are ready to be uploaded and iTunes opens

BUT iTunes does not allow me to access files on my phone (music,videos etc.,) it doesnt even show up on the side, i've tried 3 different versions of iTunes and the same issue with each.

Any suggestions on what i can possibly do next in order to change the music,videos etc., on my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by kg05 View Post
    my iPhone: unlocked,jailbroken etc.,

1.1.1 (3a109a) firmware
    04.04.05_G bootloader

my pc: running winXP

So here's my problem:

i connect my iPhone to my PC via dock

my PC recognizes that i have connected an iPhone
    my pictures are ready to be uploaded and iTunes opens

BUT iTunes does not allow me to access files on my phone (music,videos etc.,) it doesnt even show up on the side, i've tried 3 different versions of iTunes and the same issue with each.

Any suggestions on what i can possibly do next in order to change the music,videos etc., on my iPhone.
    Try here: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40481

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

kg05 (2008-05-12)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    k thanks...

but, where would i find the services plist

and do i just copy and paste to the existing text in the services plist?

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

i hate to be blunt but did you read the entire post or just scan through it and just manage to see "services.plist", When someone links you to another thread please be sure to read the entire thing just so "you" dont look like an *** haha.. Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    I"ve fixed my connectivity issue, so I'll share my fix here...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problem is that the necessary drivers either didn't install to the correct directory on the computer, or Windows just forgets they are there when you upgrade iTunes. Either way, give this a shot, and let me know if it works out. I feel your pain, it was a very frustrating issue.

------------------------------------------------
    I'm using Windows XP Pro-

First, ensure that you have iTUnes 7.5 Installed. I recommend this version, since 7.6.1 is what caused this problem for me in the first place.
    If you need to uninstall a newer version, do so by opening the control panel and use the "Add/Remove Programs" utility.

1- You must right-click on "My Computer" and select "Manage
    2- In the left pane, select "Device Manager"
    3- In the right window, expand "Imaging devices" or similar imaging category
    4- You should see "Apple Camera" or something similar
    5- Right click on the "Apple camera" and select "Update Driver"
    6- Select second option "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" click Next
    7- Check the box labeled "Include this location in the search
    8- Copy and paste this path into the folder line- C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers
    9- Click "Next"

Windows should now locate the necessary USBAAPL driver to run the iPhone and enable it's detection in iTunes.

If this does not work, open your windows explorer, and use the search option at the top of the window. Search for "Usbaapl". This should turn up the location of the driver files you need to reassociate the iPhone with iTunes. Make a note of the directory, and use that in the Driver Update (step 8 above). My drivers happened to be in the C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers folder.

It Is What It Is...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to the sr5 For This Useful Post:

kg05 (2008-05-12)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I did that step...and still it doesn't work, thats why i asked how i could update my services plist or whatever it is.....

also when looking at my iphone files through WINscp i see a file in the Media folder called:
    com.apple.itunes.lock_sync

when i connect the iphone to my laptop, i get two pop-ups, one to view the photos and the other being iTunes, but it does not recognize my phone (does not sync or show up at all) i ran diagnostics and it knows that my iphone is connected and so on but manages to crash once i run the sync diagnostic test.

also tried linking up to a different PC, got the same result...
    Last edited by kg05; 2008-04-01 at 06:13 AM.

I use iPhonelist to SSH into my phone. Services.plist should be in your system/library folder somewhere. I'm not positive at the moment.

Anyways, save that to your desktop, open with notepad and copy and paste what was posted on the other thread. Back up your original first.

I'm not sure about the whole com.apple.itunes.lock_sync, you could actually just post in that thread again and see if someone can better help you.