Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cheap iPhone carrier?

Default Cheap iPhone carrier?
    I haven't payed for my iPhone bill for 2 months and they want 150 out of me. I am so tempted to eat the cancelation fee and not have to keep paying this steep bill to AT&T. All I need as a good cheap carrier to go to.

Any suggestions?

So...$150 for 2 months, which is about $75 a month. Dude, that not that expensive.

If your that desparate, TMobile is a little cheaper - will cost you the cancellation fee + you will have to go through all the hassle of "unlocking" your iphone and hacking around to make everything work under Tmobile's network. Since ATT is the only "official" carrier for the iphone.

Also, its not much cheaper and the service AINT as good.

Unlocking and hacking are fun so that is not an issue.

Also I forgot to mention it but someone told me about a site where I can give my cell phone service away to ditch the canceling fee. Forgot the address though.

How much cheaper is T-Mobile? I am a broke college student and 75 a month is pretty damn expensive for me. There has to be a cheaper GSM carrier out there.

I use ATT, but Im pretty sure Tmobile will still run you about $50/month.

Just go check their site for plans.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can also just get with the standard service package @ $39 and forego the data/text package which is an extra $20. Simply use wifi where available.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

dude 75 isnt nothing considering how much data the iphone uses..dont be a bum and pay your bills since you did use the service for those two months

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    dude 75 isnt nothing considering how much data the iphone uses..dont be a bum and pay your bills since you did use the service for those two months
    I payed it after I made this post. It was painful though. :-(

I am seriously considering ditching the edge service and going with T-mobile sans data. I have wifi in most places I spend time in anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

well there you go man. didnt mean to sound like a ******bag..had to deal with idiot customers all day so im still in mean IT work mode =]
    i heard theres a hack to use the tmobile data without even having a plan and not being charged for it..its in the tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    well there you go man. didnt mean to sound like a ******bag..had to deal with idiot customers all day so im still in mean IT work mode =]
    i heard theres a hack to use the tmobile data without even having a plan and not being charged for it..its in the tmobile
    T-mobile data for free? Isn't that like stealing?

Seriously though that sounds awesome, how do I do it?

t mo is the way to go. dude that posted before makes it sound like its hard to unlock the phone.

i pay:
    $39.99 for 1000 min, free nights and weekends
    $5.99 for tzones (you cant have the data for free, you have to have the cheapest data plan for the "hack" to work
    $4.99 for 400 text messages

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    t mo is the way to go. dude that posted before makes it sound like its hard to unlock the phone.

i pay:
    $39.99 for 1000 min, free nights and weekends
    $5.99 for tzones (you cant have the data for free, you have to have the cheapest data plan for the "hack" to work
    $4.99 for 400 text messages
    I didnt say it was hard. To me it would be a "hassle".

He would have to PAY to cancel his service with ATT then goto TMobile.

You pay about $50/month total, which is also exactly what I said.

He's paying about $75/month now.

Is it really worth paying to cancel your service, switching to a new carrier...etc, etc. for that?

No trying to be an ***, this is just my opinion, but to me its not. Especially after you figure in that he most likely will VOID the warranty on his phone.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2008-03-27 at 04:44 AM.

http://celltradeusa.com/

Here is that site someone suggested to me for ditching my old AT&T service. Hopefully I wouldn't have to pay the cancellation fee with this.

I looked a coverage map of T-Mobile in my area and it is a little spotty. Does anyone have any idea how their coverage is in Monterey and Seaside California?

Also someone briefly mentioned that I could get data through T-Mobile for free. How do I do that?

my bill is $800 if it makes you feel any betteer

Thanks

Awesome first post saying^^
    EDM

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^^^^agreed^^^^^^
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Awesome first post saying^^
    yea, what's your average now? 30 posts a day?

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button