Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No ad-hoc support?

Default No ad-hoc support?
    Im trying to tether my 1.1.4 zibri unlocked iphone to my computer so that i can use the edge network on my macbook. Im a little confused though because I set up a local connection, and my iphone discovers it, but when i try to connect, it says "Unable to connect" or somethin. Then it puts the checkmark next to the network anyway and it gives the phone an ip, but that lasts like 15 seconds. Im not sure whats wrong, but this is really bothering me, as i cant ssh into it. The last time i did the tether thing was in august so it's been a while.
    Sorry if there is already a thread like this, i did a search but couldnt find the thread i was looking for
    anyways thanks

i know that :P

connect to another one, and when its done connecting, connect to urs... it should work...

Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    i know that :P

connect to another one, and when its done connecting, connect to urs... it should work...

Connect to another one what? Connect to another ad-hoc network? Connect to an infrastructure network?

When I try to connect to an ad-hoc it simply ignores it and never picks up an IP. When I try to assign a static IP it seems to ignore the settings I put into Settings.app.

connect to another wifi and when ur connected, connect to ur adhoc... should connect without error...