Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: :: Help with Spring Board ::

Thanks

Default :: Help with Spring Board ::
    Hi guys, just got my iphone yesterday and was surfing the apple website to find out how to customise my Homepage (or Spring Board i think ). Anyway, i understand from the website and a few friends that all i need to do is to touch and hold any icon, wait till it vibrates and move it around accordingly.

Problem is, i've touched and held on to the icon for a good 2 mins but it juz ain't vibrating.....

Anyone know what the problem could be? Could it be the unlocking, jailbreaking and activation when wrong? (i paid $100 for it ) or could it be due to the application "SMBPrefs"? ( i'm guessing this application as its the only appl that seems to be controlling the interface)

Sorry if i sound stupid but i'm not very IT savvy...

Btw the spec are:

Version 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    Model MA712LL
    and i i didnt read wrongly the manufactured month is 42.

Would really appreciate if some nice peeps in here can advice me with something

Thank you so much in advance
    ......i........ph...o.......ne.......

The "wiggle" feature your talking about to move around icons is a feature that was added in FIRMWARE VERSION 1.1.3 AND NEWER. You can running 1.1.1, so you DONT have that feature.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

jxlex (2008-03-26)

Thanks

OIC!!!!

That explains it...can anyone advice if i were to update it to 1.1.3 thru itunes, do i nid to hack the phone again?

If so can i follow the guide in this website:

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl...eak_113_iPhone ?

sorry. am really new with this phone and do not have many friends using it either

Thanks all in advance
    ......i........ph...o.......ne.......

Anytime you update and/or restore your firmware, you WILL have to do EVERYTHING over again. This being jailbreaking, unlocking and activating.

I WOULD NOT attempt it right now if your not familiar with hacking the iphone. Spend some time reading up on this site first.

You have to take into account things like, what firmware you have now, what firmware you want, what firmware was OTB. What baseband your running. Importantly, how the phone was unlocked previously.

Dont jump into doing it until your sure, otherwise you could brick the phone and render it useless. I run ATT, know alot about the phone, but im not unlocked...so dont know a bunch about that.