Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with iPhone Battery!

Default Help with iPhone Battery!
    Ok well here is my story... I got an iPhone friday of last week! I jailbroke/activated/unlocked it with Ziphone's "Do it all" button! And well it works great i love it! i charge the phone all night, i wake up at 8 and take it off the charger(i leave it on when it charges by the way..) and i take it to school with me. By about 1:00 my phone has 20 percent left of battery! I turn the Wifi off and the ssh. I'm using a tmobile sim card! And i dont know what to do right now! Should i take it back to the store by going on Ziphone and pressing that refurbish button and getting it back to when i first opened it? Please help me! is there something wrong with my phone? is it normal with new iphones, or is that just the battery life?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

what programs do u have installed on ur phone? there are some programs when u close they are still running from what i have read.

U can also restore and unlock and jailbreak again to see if it will make a difference. If any could give this person on what apps still are still running although they are closed plz inform this person

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

download sys. info from installer to check & see how many programs you have running.

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

4. The Following User Says Thank You to D3VIL™ For This Useful Post:

stocis (2008-03-26)

Default same story
    ok same story/issue/problem here..

so here goes the list of sysinfo:

SysInfo - obviously
    SCHelper
    MobileMail
    MobilePhone
    SMST
    Springboard
    notifyd
    mediaservrerd
    ptpd
    update
    syslogd
    lockdownd
    mDNSResponder
    iapd
    crashreporterd
    configd
    CommCenter
    BTServer
    launchd
    kernel_task

note: this doesn't happen to all the countries i visit (UK, Greece) but happens to my home country (Cyprus) and it is an absolute pain in the ***. Many ppl have some issues with GPRS signals trying constantly to connect / reconnect and drain the battery.. but the Edge is off by BossPrefs.. so that shouldn't be an issue right? note that in services.app it is still on and every time i switch it off it says its off but if i close and reopen the app it goes back having it on..

pls help.. and tia
    Last edited by stocis; 2008-03-26 at 02:12 AM.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

ok i did that! now what?

ok thank you so umm let me ask you something . i have edge it works great! so by turning it off with help save my battery?
    Last edited by sirluis94; 2008-03-26 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

yes keeping wifi on, and it doesnt matter if your connected to a hotspot or not, will reduce the battery life by a sizable amount
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    ok same story/issue/problem here..

so here goes the list of sysinfo:

SysInfo - obviously
    SCHelper
    MobileMail
    MobilePhone
    SMST
    Springboard
    notifyd
    mediaservrerd
    ptpd
    update
    syslogd
    lockdownd
    mDNSResponder
    iapd
    crashreporterd
    configd
    CommCenter
    BTServer
    launchd
    kernel_task

note: this doesn't happen to all the countries i visit (UK, Greece) but happens to my home country (Cyprus) and it is an absolute pain in the ***. Many ppl have some issues with GPRS signals trying constantly to connect / reconnect and drain the battery.. but the Edge is off by BossPrefs.. so that shouldn't be an issue right? note that in services.app it is still on and every time i switch it off it says its off but if i close and reopen the app it goes back having it on..

pls help.. and tia

The only processes that I don't recongize are SCHelper & SMST. I have all the other processes running and my battery lasts a couple of days depending on usage. My iPhone is only 3 months old. Try downloading HW Info or battinfo from Installer and see what your battery voltage is. should be around 4200 mV or so if fairly new.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to D3VIL™ For This Useful Post:

stocis (2008-03-26)

any source for batinfo? ty

battery voltage 3712

smssc is the sms call center btw
    Last edited by stocis; 2008-03-26 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

D3VIL™ (2008-03-26)

Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to D3VIL™ For This Useful Post:

stocis (2008-03-26)

Ok thanks guys i'll charge my iphone fully over night and see how long the battery last tomorrow at school! Again Thank you very much!

ok heres a weird thing..

battery status when in charger fully charged is : charging
    use : warning

wtf?

ok but i idk what's going on... it's sleeping and it still using battery like crazy!

Default Edge settings leading to battery drain problem?
    Ok, so here's my problem: very similar to previous posts. I've had to restore my phone recently & restart on 1.1.4 (everything was great on 1.1.3, hindsight is 20/20). I did this a few weeks ago, everyhting was more or less peachy until a couple of days ago when I noticed that my battery drains within 24 hrs, and this without any usage (standby + a couple of texts/calls). To go along with that, a newly developed symptom is that whenever I open an app such as Snapture or Moleskine (great apps btw) I get the stupid "Could not activate Edge. You are not subscribed to Edge yadda yadda yadda" message. I KNOW I'm not subscribed to Edge, I refuse to get a data plan from Robbers (ahem, excuse me, I meant Rogers).
    I've scoured forums/blogs but am at wit's end. I think there might be a setting that I have to change or there's an app running in the backround somewhere & I can't seem to find it!! Any help is much appreciated.
    Here's what I've sone so far:
    1. Active processes as per SysInfo:
    SysInfo
    SCHHelper
    MobilePhone
    SpringBoard
    mediaserverd
    notifyd
    ptpd
    update
    syslogd
    lockdownd
    mDNSResponder
    iapd
    crashreporterd
    configd
    CommCenter
    BTServer
    launchd
    kernel_task

2. Battery voltage as per HWInfo: 3841 (I've had the phone since March, so that seems pretty normal).

3. Settings>General>Network: VPN Not Configured, Wi-Fi Off, Data Roaming Off, Edge (isn't set up so I don't even have an On/Off option) APN/Username/Password are all blank.

4. Settings>General: Bluetooth Off

5. EQ is off in iPod.

6. I've reset the Network settings - no improvement.

7. I've disabled my Mail accounts - I have a gmail one & a new ymail one (I've noticed that since I added that address it seems to be acting up - could that have anything to do with it?!??!?!). I've turned both off just in case.

I think that's about it. So sorry for the long-winded msg, just wanted to provide as much info as possible in order to not waste anyone's time with solutions provided in other posts. Again, any suggestions are much appreciated!

install bossprefs and set EDGE and SSH to OFF

19. The Following User Says Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

Cheers (2008-07-12)

Oh my it appeared that those 2 were on... Installed Bossprefs & turned both off! Crossing fingers now, will post back with updates. Thanx a million!!!!
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless"N.M.

also uninstall swirly mms if u have it on (huge battery drainer)