Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5s JB on 7.1.1 Apps open then close immediately not all but alot

Default iPhone 5s JB on 7.1.1 Apps open then close immediately not all but alot
    iPhone 5s JB on 7.1.1 Apps open then close immediately not all but alot.

I am unsure why my iPhone 5s is doing this with alot of APPS. I know that some are compatible with my firmware.

I have NOT had this issue with my glow in dark 4s with 5.1.1 but I have recently received a 5s and jailbroke it using Pangu and everything seems to have went fine except when opening either Cydia 3rd party apps like vWallpaper or Dreamboard and actual physical apps that I have used the APP store to download a majority of them open then close immediately.

I have heard a restore fixes most issues but unfortunately apple is not signing 7.1.1 they are signing 8.2 I think which is currently not JB able I dont think. Is there any fix to my issue. What am I missing and why is my phone doing this?

Thanks for any and all help. And sorry if this was posted elsewhere I could not find any info that works for me.

Alot of people say turn it off and back on but that does not work. Others say a redownload should work but that also does not fix my issue.

Not sure about vwallpaper but Dreamboard is only compatible if your using the iOS 7 beta version. What other tweaks do you have installed? As a last resort there's always semirestore or iLexRAT but I'd start by removing any tweaks if you're not 110% sure they're 7.1.1 compatible and from a reliable repo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-18)

Try also reinstalling Cydia Substrate and check out also, if you have Pangu Untethered Package installed in Cydia.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-18)

Default No luck
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Try also reinstalling Cydia Substrate and check out also, if you have Pangu Untethered Package installed in Cydia.
    Unfortunately that didn't really anything to help. Thanks for trying though. I think unfortunately the only thing it needs is a restore but alot of apps open then just close when I try to open them. I didn't have this issue really before the JB but I guess the 5s is just picky with Pangu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    Not sure about vwallpaper but Dreamboard is only compatible if your using the iOS 7 beta version. What other tweaks do you have installed? As a last resort there's always semirestore or iLexRAT but I'd start by removing any tweaks if you're not 110% sure they're 7.1.1 compatible and from a reliable repo
    How well does the semi restore work. Have you had my issues before and had the semi restore work in your case.

Well, since you don't have anything to lose, try iLexRat. On IOS 7 IlexRat proved OK. It it fails, you can always restore to 8.2.

I've never had to use either one but if I had to I'd probably try iLexRAT first. Before resorting to that you could remove Cydia Substrate (which would also remove most of your tweaks), then reinstall Substrate & if the problem is fixed just reinstall your tweaks back a couple at a time while making sure they're all compatible & from trusted sources. Ilex & semirestore should be last resorts as they sometimes can fail or cause other issues that may force you to need an itunes restore

Word of caution: ilexrat put my iPhone 5s into a boot loop and I had to restore to iOS 8.1.3 so try it at your own risk. But as bbrks says you've nothing to lose.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I had to restore after iLexRat, as well!

Default I think im stuck anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I had to restore after iLexRat, as well!
    Im still gonna wait but ever since the jailbreak using Pangu 5s on 7.1.1 alot of my tweaks only open then close right away but not all of them.

And most of my normal APP store purchases dont work either a great bit of them so I think I am just stuck using my Glow in dark 4s 5.1.1 and will have to wait to use my nice new 5s when they have a loophole in a newer update. Too bad though because a fair amount of tweaks might not be updated quickly so ill be back to square one until they are. I was just hoping there was another way I could fix it.

But I guess im out of luck I wish I could find the issue using ifunbox or something that would correct my issue though.